Soen na Osananajimi to Isekai de wa Kekkon Shite Iru Yumewomita ga, Sorekara Osananajimi no Yousu ga Okashii ndaga?

Author: Kataribe Masayuki

Translated by MTL and Dobelyu Wai
Source: Syosetu

 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

 

Yumeji's Painful Mistake

 

"To the library after school, huh...... She really is a hard worker, isn't she, Kagura-san. Even though the test is coming up soon, there's still three weeks to go...... "

 

 Considering that I don't even get my bu*t in gear until a few days, if not a week, before the day of the event, I salute Kagura's attitude.

 When I gave my honest opinion, for some reason Amane proudly puffed out her chest.

 

"That's right, I'm proud to say that Kagu-chan is an amazing girl who never misses her daily review and preparation! And of the three of us, I have the lowest grades. I couldn't count how many times Kagu-chan's self-study notebooks have helped me~! "

"Maybe you're happy to hear your best friend praised, but don't brag about something you're not proud of at all for yourself...... "

"Tha~t's just a fact. I'm aware that 50-60% of my grades are due to Kagu-chan!"

 

 Well ...... that said, it's not that Amane's grades are particularly bad, since it's annotated as only among those three.

 Even Amane is still holding one of the highest grades in our school year ......

 That's why she is known as the "talented onee-sama" even in middle school, let alone high school.

 

"......  My sister seems to look at Amane in a highly deified way, but ...... If you openly say something like that, she'll be disappointed, you know?"

 

 In fact, even though they are three years apart in age, my sister and Amane have not had much contact with each other, although they are childhood friends and neighbors.

 That's why I don't think there's a bit too much expectation of ideals and admiration~.

 Amane blatantly frowns in dissatisfaction at my words.

 

"Eh~? Did Yumeka-chan look at me like that? But ...... I see, no wonder she always seemed distant when I talked to her ......"

 

 Well, if I were Amane, I would not happy about it......

 The reason for the distance was not only the idolization, but also the fact that I was estranged from Amane ...... so I knew.

 Then I feel like it was a lot of trouble by giving my sister the details.

 Let's set something up so my sister and Amane can get along next time......Just as I was beginning to seriously consider such a thing, Konoha, a little fox, appeared at my feet.

 

"Yumeji-san, onee-chan, that person came out of school! He told his friends, "I'm going home today."!!"

"Oh, I see, he said he was leaving, didn't he, indeed."

"Yes, there is no doubt about it."

 

 Konoha's report prompted me to operate my smartphone and pull up a map of the area around the school.

 It is the nearest four-lane boulevard from the school, which is supposed to be the crime scene ...... that I saw in my foresight dream.

 

"He, "Saito Taku", currently lives in Minami Ward ...... which means that if he were to return home, he would have to take one of the routes south on this main street."

 

 I remember the address of the guy I spied in my astral projection and anticipate where the main street meets on his route out of school.

 

"The main road leading to the South Ward, the only four-lane road in the area. If the foresight dream is correct, if we too go south from the school to this main street, right sidewalk ...... "

"You mean we're going to encounter the case of the foresight dream, right?"

"Yeah, it's supposed to ...... That's why we have to go after the culprit first."

 

 Since we cannot clearly identify the location, we have no choice but to act accordingly.

 If it were true, it would have been best if Konoha-chan, who had been sticking around until now, had been watching us all the time, but unfortunately, she can't go far without her temporary contractor, Amane.

 ...... Well, we haven't gotten that far yet.

 

 

 I made a carefree decision at that time, which I later regretted tremendously.

 I will learn in my bones that it is fundamental to keep an eye on the person we are following.......

 

 

*

 

"That reminds me ...... I heard their conversation during the day, and Saito said something like he was after Kagura-san?"

 

 We were walking on the main street near the school, the sidewalk on the right side of the street, heading south at a slightly faster pace, as planned.

 In the midst of all this, Amane made a blatantly disgusted face when I said that as a light topic of conversation.

 Apparently that's not fresh information for Amane ...... and in a bad way.

 

"Kagu-chan knows that, too. I heard he made a pass at her a few times."

"Ah, that's so."

 

 I thought during the daytime conversation that no action had been taken by him.

 He said something about if Yuichi didn't move, he wouldn't be able to get close to her ......

 Amane walks fast and starts talking in a bad mood.

 

"I'm not going to interrupt him if he says he's serious about confessing...... but they think a girlfriend is like a trading card or a precious metal!"

"...... What's that?"

"They think it's great if they have a lot of things and can brag about it ...... I think they're making fun of us, really......"

"Uwaah ...... "

 

 I couldn't understand what Amane was saying at first.

 And it is probably the same for Amane, who seems to be annoyed because she doesn't understand.

 That they think of what they're doing as collecting, and they have her as a servant?

 That's why he mistakenly believes that he can have multiple girlfriends with no problem......

 ...... I get the feeling that the man who made me laugh earlier is the end of a man who got carried away and thought he was popular.

 I guess he gets carried away, gets hated by all kinds of people, and the last thing he's left with is a miserable loser .......

 Overconfidence can destroy you...... That thing should learn it......

 But Amane's dissing time is not over yet.

 

"That thing wooing me and spreading rumors about me was a prime example, but Saito wooing Kagu-chan is just as bad ......"

"......What did that guy do?"

"I told you before, right? That these guys woo us just for bragging. He's the only one in the group who's impatient because he doesn't have a girlfriend......"

"......Ha?"

"He's just trying to make himself look good because he's the only one in his group who doesn't have a girlfriend, and he's insisting that she go out with him anyway! I want him to go away for good......My best friend is not some matching gift!! "

"B-Brazenly ......I understand, you have every right to be angry! Somehow, I'm sorry, as a man, I apologize......So, calm down ......"

 

 At last, Amane began to roar as if she was about to blow flames out of her eyes.

 How can I say it, Amane has been accumulating a lot of things until now......

 I was so struck by the subtlety of the story that I felt like it was the worst example of treating a woman like a thing and wearing her ...... I apologized on behalf of the man for some reason.

 

 However, Amane, who was a little excited, suddenly quiet when she noticed Konoha-chan, who was lowering her tail down before she knew it.

 I guess she forgot that maybe the "Saito Taku" in question might be related to Chi-chan.

 

"Ah!? I-I'm sorry Konoha-chan!! I was a little insensitive......"

"......It can't be helped. I don't feel good about listening about him either......"

 

 Amane's face becomes blatantly "I've done it," and she begins to feel depressed in the opposite sense.

 But if the foresight dream is right, in case he is Chi-chan's son or something...... I guess I have to anticipate a much worse turn of events.

 

 Then the walking continued in an awkward atmosphere for a while.

 About 20 to 30 minutes after we started walking south from the main street, we had already walked about 2 to 3 kilometers, but our target "Saito Taku" was not in sight anytime soon.

 

"A-Are? Did he leave in such a hurry?"

"It's strange ...... If you mean the South Ward, we're almost there."

 

 I thought we could catch up quickly because I had seen it in a foresight dream, but it had completely backfired.

 And at the same time, I didn't realize that I was making the biggest mistake at this time.

 Just as I was starting to get slightly impatient, my smartphone rang.

 The communication was from "Tsurugidake Misuzu," Suzu-nee.

 

"Oh~, students, have you finished school yet?"

"Yeah, it's finished, but ...... what's wrong?"

 

 Despite my feelings, Suzu-nee talks to me in a carefree manner.

 

"Well~, Didn't Dad say yesterday that we should talk to the former owner about the Shirasagi family? I just got a call from the former owner saying that my dad had met him, so I thought I'd give you an update."

"Oh! You found out something about the Shirasagi family!!"

 

 New information that leads to Chi-chan! That would be very much appreciated in the current situation.

 The first to react to my words "Shirasagi's family" was Konoha-chan, after all.

 

"Here's the thing ...... It seems that the Shirasagi family who fled from that mountain 30 years ago is still far away, but the daughter of the Shirasagi family, who was 7 or 8 years old at the time, is now married and living near here......"

"Eh !? Seriously?"

 

 Chi-chan lives near here? That would give more and more credibility to that foresight dream......

 In a foresight dream, Saito, who is closely related to a woman in her 40s named Chi-chan, kills her.

 

 But I finally realized that I had made the biggest mistake in my life when Suzu-nee said the following words.

 A foresight dream is an information that is assembled from information that is close to the information one has.

 So ...... there was no proof that the "Chi-chan" who appeared in my dream was actually Chi-chan, but I had always assumed that it was Chi-chan in the present.

 That's why ...... I got a chill down my spine at the following information from Suzu-nee.

 And realize that the misunderstanding is fatal......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Her maiden name is Shirasagi Chisato, and she is now married and living with her husband and daughter under the surname of "Kagura"......"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"............ Ha? What did you say?"

 

 I almost dropped my smartphone involuntarily.

 The surname that Suzu-nee just said ....... I met someone with that same surname just a few while ago ...... Yes, it's Amane's best friend .......

 

"I said it's Kagura-san. Now she goes by the name of Kagura Chisato ......."

"Kagura !? Surely you heard that, Suzu-nee !?"

"U, Ueh! ?? Yeah, no doubt ......."

 

 Suzu-nee answered my impatient yell with a rather confused.

 I'm almost dizzy ...... I had a foresight dream and misjudged what it was trying to tell me!!

 

"What a hell ...... this simpletooon!!"

 

 I turned on my heel in a hurry and started running, beating and cursing myself in the head.

 ...... Go to the library that stands in the northern section of the city, just north of this street.

 Amane was running out with me on such a spur of the moment.

 

"Yumeji-kun !? Just now, about Kagura...... "

"I just heard from Suzu-nee, that Chi-chan's real name is Chisato, and now she's married and her name is Kagura Chisato!"

"Eh !? T-Then, could it be that the foresight dream that Yumeji-kun saw is ...... "

 

 Amane's face is turning pale ...... It seems she noticed.

 

"Yumeji-san! What does that mean!? Is something happening to Chi-chan!?"

 

 In contrast, it seems that Konoha-chan did not understand the explanation I had just given her, and she asks me about it while running back the way we came.

 

"The person I saw in my foresight dream who looked like Chi-chan was not Chi-chan herself! I didn't have enough information and what I saw as a foresight dream with Konoha was "Chi-chan's daughter in danger"!!"

"Eh, EEH!?"

 

 I felt uncomfortable from the beginning with the scheme of a teenage kid arguing with a woman in her 30s or 40s.

 That's why I thought it was impossible for an argument to take place at such an age difference unless it was a parent or someone close to her, but .......

 If it's an argument with a man who makes motions to a girl of his generation, that's a different story.

 If he told his friend that he was going 'home' but went after the girl he was looking for, there was no reason for him to be there ...... to find his way home. 

 

"The foresight dream I had was the scene where Chi-chan's daughter "Kagura Momoe" was thrown upside down by the man she had rejected!! Damn it!!"