Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Swimsuit Times At The Beach


 It was mid-August, with the hectic Makiri-sensei's arranged marriage settled, and I had already finished my summer vacation homework.

 While reading a romantic comedy manga I had purchased from an e-book on my phone, I wondered if there were such a junior in real life, could a tough guy like me really be bullied ......? As I was thinking seriously about this, I received a notification on my phone.

 When I looked, it seemed that I had received a message from Asakura after a long time.

『If you're free tomorrow, why don't we go to the beach?』

 It was quite sudden, but I have no particular plans for tomorrow.

『Okay』

 I reply with a simple word, and the message is immediately replied to.

『Meet in front of the station at 10 o'clock』

 Then, without a moment's pause,

『And you can't invite girls. Especially, no inviting Hasaki or Touka-chan!』

 The message continued.

『I get it, but why?』

『I want to see Touka-chan and Hasaki in swimsuits so badly, really badly』

 Then I thought, perhaps you should invite them,

『But more than that. ...Because I don't want to see Tomoki with two beautiful girls in swimsuits.』


 The next message I received from Asakura weighed me down.




"Now, we've arrived at... the sea!"

 And the next day.
 After taking a train and a bus, we arrived at the beach.
 Asakura said this while already in his swimsuit and facing the ocean.

 The muscles are naturally trained. It shows the effort that goes into daily club activities.
 He plays volleyball, an indoor sport, but you can see faint sunburn marks, probably because he also practices outside.

"I knew it. The sun is still too bright."

 It was Ike who muttered this and squinted at the glare of the sun.

 Tall and handsome, Ike looks good in anything he wears, but he also looks good in just a pair of beach pants.
 Despite not being a member of an athletic club, his body was surprisingly well-trained and his physique was magnificent.

 The fact that a gal in a swimsuit passing nearby glanced at such Ike and gossiped about him shows how good-looking he is.  

"But then again, there are quite a lot of people here~."

 It was Kai who said with a wry smile.
 He has moderately fine muscles, as if his strength training is paying off.

 From a short distance away, I noticed a flamboyant gal looking at Kai with the eyes of someone who was looking at her prey.
 After all, Kai is also a handsome man, so he must be popular in these places.

 These four men are today's members.
 I turn to Asakura and ask him.

"So what am I supposed to do when I come to the beach? I'm sorry, but I have no idea, I have no experience."

 It was Kai who responded to my question.

"First, let's put on some sunscreen, Tomoki-senpai!"

"No, you don't have to do that, right?"

"You should not underestimate the summer sun, Tomoki-senpai. It really hurts if you don't apply sunscreen often."

 Kai says with a serious expression on his face,

"Well, you're absolutely right. I had a bad experience the other day when I was out training."

 Asakura agreed, chuckling weakly as he recalled that moment.

"I bring sunscreen, so please use it!"

 With that said, Kai offers me the sunscreen.

"Then, I'll use it with pleasure."

 We then apply the sunscreen we received from Kai to our bodies.

"I'm sorry, Tomoki-senpai. May I ask you to help me apply it to my back?"

 Kai asks me in a sweet voice.

"Yeah, I don't mind that much."

 I say this and then pick up the sunscreen before applying it to Kai's back.

"I thought so when I saw you before, but you're better than you were when we went to the hot springs. You got a nice body."

 When I said that, maybe Kai was embarrassed, blushing bright red up to his ears

"When Tomoki-senpai says that... I'm glad"

 He muttered.

"I'm done applying it"

"Thank you! ... This time, I will apply sunscreen to senpai's back."

"I see. That helps."

 I hand him the sunscreen.
 Then Kai carefully applies sunscreen to every inch of my back.

"As I thought... senpai's, so big."

"Oh. ...You don't have to apply it so relentlessly, do you?"

 When I ask,

"Y-You're right. Haha, I'm sorry."

 Kai replied and stopped.

"Thanks for the help."

 I turn to Kai and say so,

"I am honored to be useful"

 He said happily.
 As I was impressed with what a junior who has a heart for seniors, Asakura called out.

"Okay, we've found a nice looking target, and now it's time to go."

"...What are you going to do?"

 Ike asked this on behalf of those of us who did not understand the meaning of Asakura's words.

"What, you said, it's obvious what we would do if we came to the beach in the summer with a group of guys, right!?"

 I look at Ike and Kai and tilt our heads.
 When Asakura saw this, he covered his face exaggeratedly and lamented.

"Kaah! Seriously, you guys!? I can't believe it!"

 What's with the tension today, Asakura.

"When you come to the beach, you have to pick up girls in swimsuits! That's why I called you guys!"

 Asakura speaks passionately.
 I don't know that you have to pick up girls when you come to the beach, but I can well understand why you brought two good-looking guys, Ike and Kai, for that purpose.
 But then...

"I can see why you called Ike and Kai to pick up girls, because it's going to attract a lot of different girls. But if someone tough like me is there, I don't think it's going to be much of a pick-up because it's just going to scare the girls away."

 I said, and Asakura grinned.

"No, I'm not missing that point."

 After saying that, Asakura took out a pair of sunglasses from the pocket of his sea pants.
 And he put it on me.

"Thus, wearing sunglasses and styling the hair properly..."

 Then Asakura messes with my hair.
 Then he nods in satisfaction and tells me with a smile.

"You see, I knew it! This way, you look like the kind of rugged, macho, party people guy that swimsuit gals would love to see!"

 ...... Is it really a compliment?
 I've normally questioned it.

"I mean, if I wear sunglasses, I'm still a scary guy, right? I think it will only scare them off."

 Asakura cowered at my words.
 Really, Asakura is very excited today.

"If normally you wore sunglasses, sure, you'd be just as scary, but we're on the beach now."

"Indeed. On the beach, the atmosphere is less intimidating with sunglasses on."

 Ike, who heard Asakura's words, also agreed.

"Senpai with a different atmosphere is also wonderful."

 Then Kai said that and complimented me.

 Apparently, combined with the atmosphere of the place, the scary face is a little less....
 That said, does that really not scare them away?
 When I'm worried about it...

"But Asakura. I'm not that interested in picking up girls."

 Asakura, full of motivation, was abruptly told by Ike.

"……Eh?"

 Hearing Ike's words, Asakura's face instantly turned serious.

"Ah, I'm not interested in it either."

 To Asakura, Kai continues.

"Rather, I... will be scolded by Touka."

 To Asakura who had a blank expression on his face, I said with apologies.
 I am sure that if I were to pick on the girls, it would only cause trauma to both me and the girls, and I would appreciate it if we could refrain from doing so.

 
 Upon hearing our words, Asakura broke his knees and crouched on the spot.
 Was he that shocked? That's what I thought as I watched him.
 A short time later, Asakura says in a trembling voice.

"It's the summer of my second year in high school. It's not all about club activities, like Ike and Tomoki... I just want to spend some time flirting with cute girls!"

 After turning his clear eyes toward us, Asakura exclaims.

 I'm not ruthless enough to say no when I hear that earnest look and voice.
 The three of us nodded to each other and then reached out our hands to the crouching Asakura.




 And the result of picking up college girls with Asakura――.



"Ahre~, senpai? There is no way you would pick up a girl when you have a super beautiful girlfriend like me, right~?"



"Hey, Yuuji-kun. I've told you many times, right? If you're tired of Touka-chan, you can call on me?"



 …… For some reason, it became like a carnage.