Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Reunion


 Since the summer after fifth grade, there have been significant changes in my body.
 I was going through a growth spurt and my body was getting bigger.

 Of course, it was the same as my height, but the most troublesome thing was.
 ―― My chest was getting bigger.

 My chest, which had been mostly flat until the summer of fifth grade, had grown so large over the past year that a bra was indispensable.

 My body and face were becoming more and more girly, and I just couldn't make up my mind to go see him, who thought I was Natsuo and that I was a boy.

 Because to expect the friend he thought was a boy is actually a girl... Even a gentle Yuu-kun might draw back.
 I want to believe that's not true, but he might think I'm creepy.
 Yuu-kun might think I deceived him.

 ... That's what scared me.
 The feeling of wanting to meet my first love partner, and.
 Fear that he might not accept me even if I met him.

 I was troubled, holding those exact contrasting feelings in my heart.

 While I was at my grandmother's house, I was concerned.
 And on that day when we talked about going home tomorrow, I decided to go see him.

 Let's wear much cuter clothes than usual, set the hair I've grown over the past year in a stylish way, and be honest and tell him that I'm a girl.

 With that in mind, I gather up my courage and leave my grandmother's house to go to the park where we always meet up.

 I was so nervous, I thought about turning back many times on the way to the park, and yet I still managed to arrive at the park.
 After a year in the park, there was Yuu-kun with a slightly lonely look on his face.

 I felt sorry for making him wait and happy that he was waiting for me.
 And seeing Yuu-kun for the first time in a year ...... made my heart pound very hard.

 I became embarrassed and shy, realizing that I really like Yuu-kun.
 But I could only look at him from a distance and could not speak to him.

 Yuu-kun seemed to have been waiting for me for a long time, but I guess he gave up when I ...... Natsuo still didn't show up, so he let out a deep sigh and then tried to leave the park.

 I have to step out here. I thought so, and I was approaching Yu-kun, and I ―― I couldn't stand up.

 Even though I have come this far.
 If I called out to him, he would have turned around immediately.

 At the end of the day, I didn't have the courage.

 What if he hates me?
 What if he feels creeped out that I was pretending to be a boy, even though I am a girl?

 I just keep thinking about it.


 ―― In the end.


 In the summer of the sixth grade, I broke my promise to Yuu-kun.
 I couldn't go see him.



 Then a year passed and I became a middle school student.

 I regretted to death that I did not go to see Yuu-kun during the summer vacation of the sixth grade, and I was determined to definitely go see Yuu-kun during the next summer vacation.

 Every day that I couldn't see him, my feelings for him grew stronger day by day.

 More than the fear of rejection, it was the desire not to relive the days of not seeing each other again.

 For a long time now, I have never been mistaken for a boy.
 Put on a skirt, set my hair up, and put on some colored lip balm.

 I thought I would let him see how much cuter I had become.

 I meet him not as a boy "Natsuo", but as a girl "Kana".

 With that determination, I headed to the park.

 ... But he was no longer there.


 Three years of middle school.
 I ended up not meeting him.



 ―― That's why.
 When I entered high school and found Yuu-kun, I thought it was fate.

 A male student who was rumored to be scary and frightening by his classmates.
 That was Yuu-kun ―― Tomoki Yuuji whom I fell in love with.

 A gaze that conceals a kindness behind the sharpness.
 He has a masculine, muscular body that has grown much larger after not seeing it for a while.
 His quiet appearance and his expression, which seem to have darkened a bit, somehow make him look more mature.

 And above all.
 The scar around his eye that he got from defending me. 
 It squeezed my heart.

 I never understood why everyone else was so scared.

 Because――.
 Yuu-kun is becoming too cool.

 Everyone was rather fond of my childhood friend Haruma, but ...... I didn't really understand them.

 Very, ve~ry didn't understand.
 Yuu-kun was becoming cooler.

 I tried to speak to him several times, and each time I got so nervous that I couldn't speak at all.
 ...... It's not fair to be so cool!
 I want to talk a lot, and I want to spend time together like before.

 And yet ...... Oh my god, he is so cool!
 I can't talk to him at all!

 Still, just seeing him every day made me happy.


 ―― I think it must have been a mistake to be satisfied there.

 Even though I regretted what I had done from the sixth grade all the way through middle school.
 We go to the same high school, so I can try my best again tomorrow and it'll be fine.
 I didn't get to talk to him today, but I'm sure I will next time.

 Once I talk to him, I'm sure we'll become friends right away, just like back then when we were in elementary school.

 While I was thinking like this, a year had passed before I knew it, without me being able to speak to Yuu-kun again.
 We successfully moved on to the second year of high school, and ――.


 Yuu-kun got a girlfriend.