Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you


Chapter 17, A Table with Curry


 An hour and a bit later, we safely arrived at our goal, the school building.

 At the goal, Yamamoto-san said, "Good job," and handed out cups of barley tea to us.
 Then, a little later, Team Student Council arrived.
 Distribute drinks in the same way and collect papers that solve the problems from each team.

 Since there were only two teams, Yamamoto-san did a quick grading on the spot and muttered happily, "Yeah, both teams got perfect scores."
 Then he continued,

"Then it's a matter of time, but... Makiri-sensei's team, 1 hour, 28 minutes, 48 seconds, that's close!"

 Oh, we were surprised by the results.
 Awesome, almost on time with the set up. Or so I thought.

"But the student council team is even better! One hour and 30 minutes exactly! An undisputed victory, congratulations!"

 After Yamamoto-san said that, he applauded.

 I found out the hard way that it's not always possible to get there at just the right time.
 Perhaps it's just a coincidence, but... As expected of Ike. He's got it right.
 I looked at the happy student council and applauded, thinking that they had certainly improved their ability to work together.

☆ 

 The time was already approaching evening.
 We moved to the courtyard, where the second program was to begin.

 Makiri-sensei declares to us.

"All right, everyone. We're going to cook rice in a bowl."

 For dinner, these members were going to make curry and salad.

"They've prepared the food and the firewood, but you'll need to chop the wood, so please be careful. If you don't know how to start a fire, please ask Yamamoto-san."

"I'll watch you chop the wood and build the fire, okay."

 When Makiri-sensei looked at Yamamoto-san, he smiled and said that.

"...Then, I'm waiting to eat your delicious curry."

 Makiri-sensei said with a gentle laugh.
 Then we'll get together once to decide on our roles.

"Now, as for the role, what shall we do?"

 Ike said so,

"First, let's divide into two groups: the curry group and the rice cookers. Tanaka-senpai and Tomoki-san will chop wood. In the meantime, I'll have Suzuki-san polish the rice, and once the rice pots are on the fire, I'll leave it to Tomoki-san to keep an eye on things, and Tanaka-senpai and Suzuki-san will make the salad. .... How about that?"

 Tatsumiya suggested,

"I agree with Tatsumiya-san."

"I'm okay with that, too."

 Tanaka-senpai and Suzuki readily agreed to the suggestion.

"...Hmm"

 Only Touka had a bitter look on her face and asked me.

"What's wrong, Touka?"

 Touka once made a lunch box for me, so it's not that she can't cook.
 So why are you worried?
 ...... Does she really don't like to be with Tatsumiya that much?

"...No, it's nothing. I have no problem with this role assignment either."

"Then, let's start cooking now."

"I look forward to working with you, Kaichou. Touka-san."

 Tatsumiya says to Ike and Touka with an ecstatic look on her face.
 Come to think of it, this girl made a group decision that single-handedly won in a short amount of time...

 I was in awe of how cunning Tatsumiya was.


 Then, under Yamamoto-san's supervision, I chopped wood with Tanaka-senpai and started the fire.

"Oh, Tomoki-kun. You're really good at making fire. Do you have any outdoor hobbies?"

"No. I just knew about it from the manga. It worked out surprisingly well."

 As a result of fully utilizing the knowledge I gained from the loose camping manga, I got admiration from Tanaka-senpai.

"He~e, that's so."

"Really, Tomoki-kun, you're good. Tanaka-senpai is an indoor person, so it can't be helped..."

 Suzuki said, she brought the rice bowl.
 She said, "my condolences" and gently patted Tanaka-senpai on the shoulder.

"That's a terrible thing to say... Now, we're going to make a salad."

"That's right. Well then, Tomoki-kun, take care of the fire."

 They said, and headed for the cooking area.
 They're so close, those two. That said, they were also next to each other in the car ...... I wonder if they are in a relationship?

 With that in mind, I watched them walk away and went back to work on the fire.


 And the curry was completed safely.
 We all enjoyed the curry, including Yamamoto-san.
 ...... What is this, delicious.

 We were served a curry that was not of cooking-in-a-hut quality, but it was probably due to Ike's skill.

"Kaichou, even your cooking... it's wonderful"

 Tatsumiya is muttering with a fond expression on her face, so I guess there's no doubt about it.


 Then we each took a shower (there didn't seem to be any convenient facilities like a large bathroom) and had free time until bedtime.
 The other members seemed to be playing board games in their rooms, which Tanaka-senpai had prepared, but I decided to go outside.

 It was much cooler than in the daytime.
 I look up at the star-filled sky, listening to the chirping of the insects.
 The stars are twinkling, and the Summer Triangle stands out among them all.

 As I watched, I felt exhausted.

 Physical fatigue is not a big deal.
 However, I had never been with someone all day like this before, as I had always been alone in elementary and middle school overnight events.
 Even though they are all friendly, I have to be careful no matter what.

 Maybe that's why I'm so tired.

 When I am thinking about it,

"Cold!"

 A cold can was pressed against my cheek.

"Aha, aren't you too surprised, senpai?"

 After saying that, it was Touka who sat down next to me.

"Here. There was no coffee, so it's just juice."

"Oh, thank you"

 After saying that, I took the can that was offered to me.

"Then, cheers"

 Touka said and bumped my can with hers.
 I responded with a simple "Oh."

 Touka takes a sip of her juice, looks at my expression, and then asks.

"...Are you tired, senpai?"

"Yeah, a little.... Shouldn't Touka be with everyone?"

 When I asked, Touka smiled calmly and then said.

"It's okay. I'm not a member of the student council, so it's kind of like being away from home. Besides... I want to talk more with senpai."

 I laugh at Touka's words.
 Even though Touka has a monster of communication skills, perhaps she is a little tired.

"By the way, you seemed to be reluctant to join the group for making curry, were you that dislike to be with Tatsumiya?"

"Ah, about that? ...Do you want to hear it?"

 Touka gives me a provocative look.

"If you don't mind"

"I wanted to work with senpai. But I thought about it a little, thinking that if I were to stick close to senpai, I might get in the way of other people getting to know you."

 She said that with a proud expression on her face, and then,

"...Are you happy?"

 She said and asked with a teasing smile.

"...That means you didn't mind being with Tatsumiya."

"Geez, senpai is so mean! You have to be honest and say you're happy about it, otherwise it's not cute! ...Well, it's true that I was a little uncomfortable working with her."

 Touka spilled out her true feelings.

 Then she fell silent and absently looked up at the night sky.
 I do the same, and look up.
 It stayed that way for a while.

"...I'm glad I came here too."

 Touka muttered next to me.
 Then she continued slowly.

"Because I can't go on school trips with senpai. ...It was really fun to have a sleepover together like this."

 Hearing that serious sound of her voice, I looked at Touka sitting next to me.
 She was looking straight at me.

"Did senpai have an enjoyable time?"

 Then, Touka asks with a smile on her face.
 Her gaze and smile made me irresistibly embarrassed.

"I also enjoyed it. I'm sure it was because Touka was there."

 Then I put my hand on Touka's head and patted her head with a chuckle.

 Touka's shoulders trembled, and she turned her gaze down once.
 Then, looking up at me, she told me.

"Senpai, you're definitely trying to win me over, aren't you? Have you fallen in love with me at last?"

 Touka says in a sweet soft voice.
 I shrug my shoulders as she makes fun of me with all her might.

"It's not like that."

 I said, and I tried to take my hand away.
 However, Touka put her own hand on top of mine, so I couldn't let go of it.
 ...... What's going on?
 Thinking so, when I looked at Touka, she turned away and muttered to herself.


"...Even if it's not like that, I'm your lover. If it's just a pat on my head, I'll allow it sometimes."


 Touka's words made me happy.
 Her trust in me was very comforting.

"Yeah, allow me to do this once in a while."

 I replied and looked up at the starry sky again in silence.

 Strangely enough, the fatigue I had felt earlier was gone before I knew it.