14. Student Guidance Room


Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu


 The week is over, Monday.

 After the loose morning class, lunch break.

"No, anyway, the effect of this photo booth is outstanding!"

 Today, I'm sitting on a bench in the courtyard, having lunch with Touka.

"...That was good to hear."

 As for me, I'm not sure what to think.

"But since it's attached to the inside of my smartphone case, when I turn off the lights at night and look at my phone, I suddenly see senpai's face illuminated by the lights, and it freaks me out quite a bit."

 Touka says, showing me a sticker on the inside of her smartphone case that looks like a monster.

"Then take it off."

"...I think it might work as an amulet. I'm not going to take it off."

 Amulet... She's pretty merciless, isn't she.
 I was a little depressed, but proceeded to eat my lunch.

 Then, when both Touka and I had finished our meals.

"You two over there, can I have a word?"

 And then someone came up to talk to me and Touka.

 When I looked, I saw that it was Makiri-sensei.
 Touka had a blatantly disgusted expression on her face.

"It's okay"

 At my words, Touka muttered, "Eh," and then,

"……What’s wrong?"

 I asked.

"It's not like we're going to talk about it here. Come to the guidance office, both of you."

 In other words, it seemed like something to talk about in the guidance office, not in the courtyard.


 The student guidance office is located on the first floor of the administration building.
 There, Touka and I were sitting face to face with Makiri-sensei.

"Let me get this straight, you two are having a boy-girl relationship, right?"

 Makiri-sensei asks us with a sharp gaze.
 Long black hair, pale skin, well-proportioned style.
 Makiri-sensei is an exceptionally beautiful woman, and I hear that there are quite a few male students who admire her behind her back. (Of course, that's just information from Ike).

 However, few people talk to her out in the open.
 This is because Makiri-sensei is very strict and is feared by many of her students.

"Yes, we are in a healthy relationship. And it seems that impure relationship is not allowed, but we are in a serious relationship, so I don't understand why we are being taken to this place."

 However, Touka replied without showing any sign of fear.
 Since she was a first-year student, she probably didn't understand how scary Makiri-sensei was yet.

 After hearing Touka's words, Makiri-sensei now turns her gaze to me.
 I am also not intimidated.
 I know her to be a strict but very sincere teacher.

 That's why I didn't want to lie to Makiri-sensei.

"No. Actually, we're not dating."

 Makiri-sensei tilted her head with a puzzled expression.

"Eh, eh? No, no, what are you talking about, senpai? We're super love love bakaple*, aren't we, oh no, I'm so surprised! If you're that mean to me, I'm going to get mad at you too ☆ …… Seriously." (*Baka + Couple)

 And Touka was angry.
 Although she had a smile on her face, her voice was hard.

"You’re not dating. What does that mean?"

 Makiri-sensei tried to encourage me to speak.

"As you can see, she's very popular."

"Sure, Ike-san is beautiful and cheerful. It's no wonder that boys like her."

 When she heard the words of me and Makiri-sensei, she was bashful... Touka was not.
 While giving me a dark stare, she seemed to be trying hard not to let her anger show on her face.

"It's just annoying to be confessed when she has no intention of going out with anyone, so she pretends she is going out with me to avoid men."

 Fumu, said Makiri-sensei, nodding at my story.

"O-oh no, senpai. If you told such a lie, I'd be very sad, wouldn't I?"

 Touka smiles weakly.
 But seeing her eyes blazing with anger, I felt no sympathy for her.

"So it’s like that. Aren’t you glad, Ike-san. It seems that your kind senpai has been cooperating with you."

 Makiri-sensei smiles calmly at Touka.

"If that's the situation, then I don't need to listen to you anymore in the student guidance office."

"Wait a minute, please! Do you normally believe what you just heard? Don't you think... it's just a random lie that a senpai told because he didn't want in the student guidance office?"

 Touka gives a protest to Makiri-sensei.

"I don't think so. I've known Tomoki-kun since he was the first year. He's a very honest student. And I don't think he could tell a lie that would hurt a girl."

 Makiri-sensei said, turning his sharp gaze to Touka.
 She seemed to trust me quite a bit, which made me very happy.

 Touka was at a loss for words due to Makiri-sensei’s strength.
 Did she try to argue with her, or did she think it was futile?

"About this! ... absolutely don't ever tell anyone about this, sensei!?"

 In the end, she had no choice but to ask her to do so.
 Hearing Touka's words, Makiri-sensei gave a gentle smile before answering.

" Of course, I understand. I want to respect your feelings, and I don't want Tomoki-kun's efforts to go to waste."

 Gununu, Touka's expression is slightly unconvinced, then she said.

"...That's fine then. Then I guess we've already done talking, right!?"

"Yes. I just want to remind you to be a little quieter in the future. Or I'll give you another warning."

 In the end, Makiri-sensei reminded me and Touka.

"……Yes"

 Touka responded in a boring manner.
 I nodded my head in agreement.

 Then we got up and left the student guidance office.

 We walked out of the student guidance office, down the hallway, and then back to the courtyard.

"W-H-Y... Did you tell her the truth, you seriously did something unthinkable!!"

 Touka immediately complained to me.

"... Because I knew that Makiri-sensei was concerned about Touka."

"Ha? What do you mean?"

 Touka frowned at my words.

"If you become lovers with a man who is labeled as a delinquent like me, the teachers will naturally have a strong view of Touka. I guess Makiri-sensei heard about the situation and wanted to follow up on it."

"...I don't know. I won't know that, will I?"

"You will "

 When I once got into trouble, Ike and Makiri-sensei did everything they could to protect me.
 This time as well, the fact that Touka and I had become lovers must have already been a problem among the teachers.

 That's why Makiri-sensei didn't stand idly by and tried to help.
 Makiri-sensei doesn't judge people by their appearance, but looks at them from the inside. She acts on behalf of her students.
 A reliable and good teacher.

"...Ha~a, what's passed is good now, there's nothing I can do about it."

 Touka sighs and then,

"Senior, I'll tell you once again, there will be no more like this."

 She said to me.

"I know"

"Do you really understand? To my shit brother, to other teachers, to anyone. You absolutely can't reveal any more secrets!"

 With a desperate look on her face, Touka reminded me.

 Normally, I wouldn't want to lie to Ike either.
 However, as I want to get a chance for the siblings to make up through this fake lover relationship, I have no choice but to go through with the lie.

"Yeah, I really understand."

"...Do you really understand?"

 Mu~u, Touka's cheeks puffed out in a pout expression.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to go back now either."

"...That's right. You wouldn't give up the privilege of being with such a pretty girl so easily."

 Touka said with a serious expression.


 ...... I wonder where she gets this confidence from, is what I really thought.