Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive.
Thank you for your support FrankMagri and ZaneofBane

Chapter 250


 The night after Senpai and Kazuki finished their training.
 We sat around a bonfire in the darkness of the forest, and turned our attention to Nagi-san, who had gathered everyone.

"First, let's check the current strength of the Demon King's army, excluding the Demon King."
"Right. Let's start from there."

 Senpai nods at Nagi-san's words.

"First of all, I would say Hannah, the leader of the Third Corps. I think Usato and the others know her best."
"Usato's victim"
"A goody-goody with a bad personality"
"N-No, I'm not asking you to explain your impression..."

 Nagi-san has a subtle expression on her face as Nea and Ferm respond immediately.
 Or rather, what do you mean by my victim?
 I admit that I did scare her, though.
 Knowing that she has indeed been fooling around too much, Nea starts talking while putting her finger on her chin.

"She's a user of illusion magic. She's the one who was making our allies fight each other in the last war with her wide range and versatile magic."
"...Even remembering it now, it's disgusting. That was."

 Kazuki frowns, perhaps remembering the knights fighting each other.

"I'm glad that she fought against Usato, who is a mental resistance monster, but if it had been Kazuki or Suzune, it might have been a risky situation. If we had been hit by a surprise attack and the distinction between friend and foe had been "reversed", we would have been in trouble."
"That's not true. ... I'm afraid I can't say that."

 Senpai also muttered with a serious expression.
 If Senpai and Kazuki had fallen under Hannah's spell, disaster would have been inevitable.

"Then I should be Hannah's opponent."

 I can neutralize illusion magic.
 Hannah-san herself didn't have any fighting ability, so she shouldn't be a threat.

"I feel like seeing Usato's face is enough to put her out of combat."
"Well, since he has traumatized her so much."

 Nea and Ferrum are muttering something, but what is it?
 When I tried to ask, Nagi-san proceeded the talk.

"Next is Koga, the second corps commander. As for him, well, we all know him because we've encountered him recently, right?"
"Yeah, he's the man who uses dark magic, right?"

 Nagi-san nods at Leona-san's voice.

"He is a troublesome demon who grows up in the same way as Usato."

 Please wait, you make it sound as if I'm a troublesome person...
 There was no atmosphere in which I could say such a thing, and everyone nodded their heads in unison.

"That guy is quite troublesome. His physical abilities are on par with Usato's, and his thinking is on par with Usato's."
"Ferrum, you don't have to use me as a standard for all of this, right?"

 Ferrum, ignoring my remarks, continued on with her talk.

"More than anything, it's troublesome that Usato is being watched. If we're not careful, there's a possibility that they'll attack Usato directly beyond our expectations."

 I'd hate that.
 To be honest, I have to be prepared too if I'm going to have a real fight with Koga.
 It would be fine if I could get away without fighting... but that's impossible.

"I, too, fought a Koga during the last war, and that guy could mimic Usato's outburst of system strengthening and use it to his advantage in no time."
"My elasticity grant was also imitated after just a few glances.''

 I'm not happy about the fact that he's absorbing all my techniques, but his learning ability is troublesome.
 Rather, the scope of application of dark magic is too wide, but the same can be said for Ferrum's assimilation, so I can't complain.

"But unlike Hannah, each of us is capable of fighting him alone."
"Because he doesn't have any weak point, he's an easy opponent to fight."

 Unlike the illusion, both senpai and Kazuki can fight Koga, who has many direct attacks.
 The problem is about his unexpected behavior, but it's probably pointless to think about it.

"But for Usato-kun...I think he's a bit of a difficult opponent to fight."
"Eh?"

 Senpai's words stunned me for a moment.
 Her words were surprising to everyone, and all eyes were on her.

"When you encountered him at the ruins the other day, Usato-kun seemed like he was having fun."
"...?"

 Having fun?
 Looking back, the only memory I have of running into him at the ruins is of us getting lariated by each other.
 When I was stunned and couldn't understand, Nagi-san crossed her arms and groaned.

"Hmm, when Usato and Koga fought the evil dragon golem at the ruins, they seemed to be doing well together... Usato grabbed Koga's leg and swung him around, and it was all sorts of spectacular."
"Grabbed Koga's"
"leg"
"And swung him around...?"

 Senpai, Kazuki, and Leona-san tilt their heads, while Amako, Nea, and Ferrum look as if they have guessed something.
 Oh, no! Nagi-san's innocent muttering is about to cause unnecessary misunderstandings!

"No! I was just trying to defeat the enemy while using Koga as a weapon!"
"Speaks for itself."
"Usato, that is not the behavior of someone on the hero's side."
"What are you guys doing while we're gone?"

 Words are difficult...!
 When I look back on my words carefully, I realize that I said something outrageous and feel depressed.
 ...I can't just stay depressed.
 In a sense, the next talk is like the real issue.

"Next, let's talk about the First Corps Commander, Nero Argens."
"...Mm, it's about him."

 Nagi-san nods solemnly.
 A demon tribe that has a history with Rose.
 I've only fought once, but I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by his overwhelming power, and in the end I was only able to buy time.

"Through Usato's gauntlet, I too have seen his power, but ...... he is as good or better than those who were in the days before I was sealed."
"Is he that good that you'd go so far as to say that?"
"In every era, there are people born that are outside the norm. At least, Usato's master is one of them."

 Rather, Rose apparently beat Nero up and fought him off...
 Although she was seriously injured, but it was still awesome.

"To be honest, if we had to deal with Nero and the Demon King at the same time, we would surely lose. That is why we would like to reach the Demon King without encountering Nero, but if that is impossible---"

 Nagi-san held up her index finger while looking around at everyone.

"Someone's got to stop him."

 Stalling that Nero Agence, huh?
 It is not something you can do with half-hearted determination.
 Even if it was just to buy time, it was a deadly risk, but to stop him in his tracks is not even close to being difficult.

"And I will take on that role."
"Nagi-san will...?"
"The important thing is for you, the heroes, to reach the Demon King."

 I can sense a strong will from Nagi-san's eyes.

"The Demon King is waiting for you. Not me, who has just awakened, but you who have fought in this age. He was and still is an extraordinary guy whom I don't know what he's thinking, but---That much I do know."
"..."
"I will do everything in my power to make that happen."

 No one uttered a word as the words were released with extraordinary determination.
 In the long silence, with only the sound of the bonfire echoing, Nagi-san uttered a cheerful voice as if trying to fix the situation.

"Well, I've said all this, but I have no intention of dying. I have many things I want to do in this era!"
"T-Things you want to do?"

 When I asked her that, Nagi-san nodded with a smile on her face.

"I want to see with my own eyes how much this era has changed. I've seen a lot of travel scenery through Usato's gauntlet, but I still want to see it in person ... and also the food!"
"When it comes to food, is there a difference between the old days and today?"
"That's because food shortages were commonplace in my time, and the food was barely solid enough to eat in the first place, so all the food from this era looked delicious and I've always wanted to try it!"

 I heard that the old days were full of battles, and maybe there wasn't enough time for food culture.
 The way Nagi's excitement rises makes me realize how harsh the times she lived in were.

"So, you know, when this battle is over---"
"Stop, Kannagi! Don't say any more...!"
"Hyaa!?"

 Senpai grabs Nagi-san's tail as if to give her a quick hug.
 Nagi-san's shoulders shook with sudden strangeness.

"W-What are you doing! Grabbing my tail out of the blue is too rude!"
"I prevented your death flag. So this tail is like my reward. Right~, Usato-kun!"

 No, I understand about the death flag, but I don't want to be asked for my agreement now.

——— seireitranslations.blogspot.com ———

 Nagi-san was afraid of Senpai's onslaught (?) and took shelter near Amako and I, but we continued to discuss the Demon King's army after that.
 There are honestly many uncertainties about the forces other than the corps leader, about Amira Bergred, and about the possibility of the appearance of violent demons such as Barzinak.
 In fact, we should probably do it after more preparation, but if we do it poorly, it will also give the Demon King's side more time to prepare.

"So we leave tomorrow, huh?"

 I was alone with my thoughts in front of the waterfall that Senpai and Kazuki used as a training place with Nagi-san.
 It's about half a day away from the city where the castle where the Demon King resides.
 Once we get somewhat close, we will find ourselves in a situation where we could be fighting the Demon King's army at any moment.

"I wonder if a fight is inevitable"

 After muttering, I mocked myself, saying that I was muttering naive things.
 Then, footsteps approach from behind.
 The slightly slow pace and light footsteps immediately make you realize who's coming.

"Amako? What's wrong?"
"I thought it was about time you were having to worry about it all alone, so I came over."
"You've got me, huh?"

 Amako comes from behind and sits down next to me.
 She stares blankly at the basin where the waterfall is cascading down from above, and speaks to me without looking at me.

"You've been wondering for a long time, right?"
"...Yeah"

 Defeat the Demon King.
 I know exactly what this journey is for.
 But what I imagine is what comes after.
 What will happen to the demon tribe if the Demon King is defeated?
 What will happen if we are defeated by the Demon King?
 Surely, both outcomes will cost either the humans or the demons a great deal.

"If the demons were people who seemed like bad people ..., I could be angry with them like I was with the sorcerer in Samarial or Jinya-san in Hinomoto, but they're not like that at all."
"...Mm"

 In order to survive in this demon king's territory, a land that is barely holding onto itself on the verge of death.
 That's why they've been fighting us all this time.
 I can't say that their actions were right, but I am tormented by indescribable emotions when I think about it.

"My foresight magic doesn't activate at these crucial times... If I could have looked ahead, I could have been more helpful."
"You've been very helpful. And even now, you're still someone I can talk to."
"Anyone can do that."

 Amako holds her knees as if sulking.
 I smile at her and sit on the ground just like her.

"To be honest, I don't know what to do."

 Even if the Demon King were defeated, what would happen to the demon tribe?
 Will they be perished when the Demon King is gone?
 But even if there is a way for the demons to survive, is it the right choice?

"I think you're thinking too hard."
"Eh~..."

 I can't help but grumble at Amako, who listens to my concerns and replies shortly.

"Usato is a muscle-brain, so just do what you think is right."
"I was having a serious concern, you know..."
"There is no answer. Because the subject you are worried about is the future, which we don't know if it will happen or not.''

 I was told that there was no point in thinking about it.
 Somehow unable to argue, Amako turns her head toward me with her knees in her arms and smiles.

"Besides, whatever the outcome, I will accept whatever Usato chooses."
"...Are you sure? I might make a crazy choice."
"We've been traveling together, and you're less likely to do anything out of the ordinary, right? Besides, I know it won't end badly, even if I don't predict it"

 When I heard that, I felt strangely relieved.

"So, you know, it's fine for Usato to be Usato. It's more out of character to be so uptight."
"Just be myself, huh?"

 Maybe I was overthinking it a bit.
 I should think a little more positively and simply.

"I knew Amako being here would be a big help."
"I guess that kind of Usato is lost without me."
"Aren't you being a little harsh?"

 Amako and I exchange such light banter.
 "Just be myself."
 It was certainly not like me to be brooding over the same thing forever.
 I am glad I was reminded of this before we leave tomorrow.

——— seireitranslations.blogspot.com ———

Author's Notes: 
It was Amako that was watching him for some reason.

Hannah possesses magic that is extremely troublesome at first glance.
It was just she faced the wrong opponent ... That's all I can say.