Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note:

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes I won't translate calls(?) like 'oppa, hyung, eonni, nuna, etc.' and suffixes like '-ssi, -nim, etc.'

So...... Bear with me, please (/▿\ )

Thank You!

***

Chapter 32 – Really Like Him

He soothed Ji Yeon-woo, who was on high alert, with a gentle voice.

"It's nothing, can I hear what you said to Dojun about me?"

"What?"

"I'm not trying to pry, but Dojun didn't tell me the details."

Yoon Jay blurted out what he had heard.

He was curious about what Dojun heard to the point that Dojun felt annoyed and wanted him to become famous, Dojun even said harsh words.

Yoon Jay could feel the atmosphere would make him tell the truth. Ji Yeon-woo, who normally would have been cool, became solemn.

"Well, I did say something......"

"You didn't say it to bully him, did you?"

"N-No."

Ji Yeon-woo spat out words like a rapid-fire cannon. Yoon Dojun is the youngest in the group. As the group exploded, a lot of strange people were attracted to them, and Ji Yeon-woo was worried that Yoon Dojun might get caught with them somewhere, so he made an excuse and said that he was experienced with something like that.

"Hyung, to be honest, I've been suspicious of you since I saw you at Dojun's father's funeral."

Yoon Jay motioned for him to speak slowly, reassuring him.

"It's okay, I would have thought the same thing too. It's a situation that could be misunderstood."

"Oh, no, I didn't mean to, what should I say, huh?"

Ji Yeon-woo quickly threw up his hands and defended himself. About 20% of it was said because he was really worried, and the rest was to help Yoon Dojun.

But now that he'd said it so bluntly, he felt like he'd made a huge mistake.

Yoon Jay continued to be gentle in his tone and expression, and he even patted Ji Yeon-woo on the shoulder to reassure him. Ji Yeon-woo could feel an unknown pressure. So, he spontaneously blurts out his family history.

"Hyung, I don't know you well enough to know...... Uh, my mother struggled with a similar situation."

"I see. That must have been difficult."

"No, it's not that I'm having a hard time......"

"It's your mother's problem, so of course you must have been upset too. Isn't that what you meant to say to Dojun?"

Ji Yeon-woo nodded, his mouth clenched tightly. He felt strangely comforted.

Yoon Jay had done a good job of wrapping it up. Indeed, Ji Yeon-woo's intentions were more along the lines of, 'Oh no, Dojun, that kid going to get hurt like me at that time.'

"Well...... You don't need to worry though. I didn't make a debut to get help from my half-siblings or my stepmother, who is fourteen years older than me, I have my own reasons."

Yoon Jay's mood turned slightly sharp. But Ji Yeon-woo, who kept his head down, didn't notice.

"And I don't mind hearing that, but I think Dojun will be upset if you keep saying that......"

"Uhhh...... I don't, because Jihyuk Hyung scolded me, and I haven't done it since then."

"Jihyuk? Ah, the leader."

Anyway, that's all he had to say. Yoon Jay smiled broadly, his business done.

"Still, I'm glad Dojun has someone next to him that can criticize me like that."

"Is that so?"

"Please take care of him in the future. He's a softie......"

Looking up at Yoon Jay, Ji Yeon-woo was impressed. Is this an adult?

'But, ‘he's a softie’?'

This Hyung -nim doesn't know Yoon Dojun yet. He's a chihuahua with rabies.

'I can see why Yoon Dojun was pissed off.'

He seems...... Like a very good adult and an older brother that I want to rely on.

Naturally, Ji Yeon-woo had no choice but to say that he was not that kind of person...... In an instant, Ji Yeon-woo's heart became complicated towards Yoon Jay. Since you’re asking me to be nice to Yoon Dojun, then would you please ask Dojun to be nice to me?

"Yeon-woo Hyung, what are you doing?"

"Why! What!"

"Didn't you say something to my Hyung?! He's my Hyung!"

"Aish, really, there is no such thing as an unfortunate situation. Is he like that at home too?"

Yoon Dojun, who had caught sight of the two of them, walked up to them with a sneer.

"No?"

"Don't you feel disturbed at home when he shouts so loudly like that?"

"He's cute."

"Heol......"

Ji Yeon-woo frowned, he's getting goosebumps. Yoon Dojun was running towards them. Yeah, that one. A chihuahua with rabies.

"Director! Director! Over here! Hey! Turn on the camera!"

"Eh!"

Yoon Jay smirked as he looked at Yoon Dojun, who summoned the camera as if this wasn't the first time he'd done it, and in an instant, he quickly put on a face for broadcasting.

Flava looked like a cute little hamster, but these guys are funny too.

"So, Hyung. Is there anything you’re curious about?"

Yoon Dojun said with a reminiscent face. Although his brother is a senior who debuted in 2001, he probably doesn't know much about idols, so Yoon Jay just laughed because he could see Yoon Dojun's mixed feelings about showing his cool side.

"I thought I had a general understanding of it from following Dohwa yesterday."

"Ah, we should have done it first!"

Yoon Dojun clung to Yoon Jay like a sloth again.

"By the way, Hyung, what's that on the back of your hand?"

"Ah, it's nothing."

Yoon Jay put his hands together and covered the scar as he always did.

Flava was a female idol group, so they had to keep their distance to avoid any possible controversy. Yoon Dojun read the mood and didn't get any closer than necessary.

 

"Who is the criminal?"

"Me!"

"Ah!"

Buster was different from Flava. They were so...... Distracting. They played nonstop, even when they were tired, they never sat still.

"Jay Hyung, you should come over and join us."

"I'm working."

"Eyy, it's an entertainment concept anyway."

Yoon Jay takes his role seriously. From the beginning, he intended to promote the twins more than to promote himself.

But Buster was persistent. Eventually, the producers of 'A Day in the Life of a Manager' brought up the idea of mingling for entertainment purposes.

"Do you know how to play Mafia Game?"

"I've played it before."

Participating in the game was easy thanks to the experience of playing all kinds of games during <Fluttering>'s reward vacation.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to talk like that."

"No. I'm fine with it......"

But is it okay for them to be like this? As it happened, Yoon Jay had to listen to counseling on realistic concerns. The Buster members overall resemble...... Yoon Dojun. They are strangers that he met for the first time today, so he is willing to let his guard down and open up.

"Hyung, can you give me your number?"

"Sure."

"Me too! Can I keep in touch with you?"

Suddenly, not only Yoon Dojun, but all the members of Buster were clinging to his back.

'I wonder what......'

It was a strange turn of events.

 

Later, in a private interview, it came up inevitably.

"Jay -ssi. Yesterday, Flava and Buster's members were following you a lot, right."

"Yes. I don't understand why they are like that."

"Maybe it's because Jay -ssi took good care of them?"

"I don't think there was anything like that......"

The youngest writer smiled at Yoon Jay's bewilderment. There were many cool points during the shoot, and he didn't even seem to realize that he had taken care of them.

"The twins also said something similar in the interview, so is it a habit of yours...... To take good care of them? You seem so used to it."

Yoon Jay suddenly let out a small gasp. Suddenly, a memory came flooding back.

 

[I-I'm not going to die, right?]

[Why would you die, we're here.]

[I-I'm going to die. Blood, blood is coming out like this......]

[Shh...... Don't say more. What's your name again?]

 

Yoon Jay hid his expression and said,

"It's just, I think I have to do something...... Nice to kids at that age."

"Why do you think so?"

"I don't know...... Why not?"

Yoon Jay just shrugged, saying he didn't know.

 

— Who went to Buster's Fansign today? Was Yoon Jay there?

└ (yes)

└ Check out the tweets, videos are coming up soon.

└ I was going to the after-party after the fansign and he is so fucking handsome.

└└ Wow (damn) I'm jealous ㅠㅠㅠ

└ And the kids were following him like some kind of capybara.

— Dojun was so cute today. He always says his brother is here, but he makes everything on the table a mess, so Yoon Jay helps him clean it up ㅠㅠ Haha

└ I almost miss the fansign. Yoon Jay is always behind him and he's so sweet. Haha.

└ (real) He dresses like a tycoon. Hahaha.

└ He also took care of Yoon Dohwa like that yesterday. Haha.

— But in the preview of Homma, Yoon Jay had something on the back of his hand, is that because of yesterday? When I looked at the picture, it looked red.

└ What happened yesterday?

└└ During the Flava's fansign, someone threw the album at Yoon Dohwa, and there were a lot of people swearing at the person who threw it, causing an uproar.

Heol.

***

Because the two groups had to come out before their activities ended, the recordings featuring Yoon Jay and the twins were aired right away the following week.

 

"You really didn't do anything to help him, right?"

"Mom, I already told you, I didn't do anything. Did you get a call from any reporters?"

"No, not like that......"

Park Hyun-ah, the twins' mother, was often harassed by her own family members. Just like Yoon Dojun who heard various things from Ji Yeon-woo, Park Hyun-ah also experienced the same thing.

"Why is son-in-law Yoon do that......"

"Mom, you knew it all along, so why are you bringing it up again now?"

"That's because I thought he wouldn't come back here!"

"So, his biological father is dying and we just had to keep it a secret?!"

At the funeral, a clean-cut, handsome young man who served as Chief Mourner, replaced the twins, and everyone liked how polite he was.

"Not like that, I'm just still fussing about the studio in Paju!"

T/N: In case you forgot, Paju is a city in Gyeonggi Province. Big people from the entertainment industry have studios in Paju, Lee Young-chang's studio is also in Paju.

Yoon Jay inherited a small house that was his father's studio. That's why such an uncomfortable topic comes up when it's easy to forget.

Moreover, it got even worse when her mother heard strange rumors that the reason he suddenly debuted as an actor and immediately took on a supporting role was because he was trying to coax her good-natured daughter or twin grandchildren.

'I can't even say that......'

Park Hyun-ah was also frustrated. She fell in love with Yoon Suheon's face and didn't stop even when she found out he was divorced and had a child.

She married him after a passionate courtship, and with her husband's help, she was able to grow up to become a successful drama writer. And it was thanks to Lee Young-chang, who missed Yoon Jae-hee, that her husband got back on his feet.

Yoon Suheon didn't even want to talk about it to her, and it's just frustrating. But, he does that because he wants to hide Yoon Jae-hee.

"Let's watch the program about my grandchildren."

Just then, 'A Day in the Life of a Manager' featuring the twins and Yoon Jay, began. After the panelists made their opening remarks, Yoon Dojun, Yoon Dohwa, and Yoon Jay entered the studio and introduced themselves.

(Hello, I'm Yoon Jay, an actor).

The screen showed famous scenes from <Fluttering> and photos from fashion advertisements. They even add a long subtitle saying that he's a hot-rising actor these days.

"Oh my, he looks fresher than ever."

Park Hyun-ah's mother couldn't take her eyes off the screen as if she hadn't seen him before.

The producers of 'A Day in the Life of a Manager' have incorporated a family narrative into this episode. In this scene, the youngest writer's fan spirit was quite evident.

Yoon Jay appeared as a trustworthy and reliable eldest, and we saw him take care of his younger siblings and group members in small ways.

You can see him using his ghost-like reflexes to catch Flava's Sung Ji-ah, who was stumbling because of her mismatched shoes, or watching the Buster members play basketball outside during break time and catching a ball that flew in from the tennis court, then casually turning around. It showed that Yoon Jay was taking care of them in secret.

 

(Dojun -ssi, you follow Jay -ssi a lot.)

(Actually, I was having a really hard time after my father died, but Hyung was there for me......)

(What about you, Dohwa -ssi?)

(Oppa helped me a lot during my time off, too.)

 

Park Hyun-ah and her mother noticed that the twins were following Yoon Jay quite closely, maybe even a little too closely.

 

(Did you get a cut on the back of your hand that time?)

(It didn't hurt that much.)

 

They show the scene when a fan nearly injured Yoon Dohwa during the fansign, and after that, he even covered up his injured hand and didn't show it.

The way Yoon Dohwa was close to him since they were at the studio, and the way Yoon Dojun clung to Yoon Jay all the time, it's showed the depth of their bond.

"......Look, they must really like him. That's the case."

"Then? Isn't that good?"

"Is that all you can say?"

Eventually, Park Hyun-ah's mother cleared her throat, probably feeling embarrassed at being questioned about the inheritance, and she became quiet.


***

Satisfied with our translations?

Support SeiRei Translations by tipping on Ko-fi or Patreon.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?