Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note:

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes I won't translate calls(?) like 'oppa, hyung, eonni, nuna, etc.' and suffixes like '-ssi, -nim, etc.'

So...... Bear with me, please (/▿\ )

Thank You!

***

Chapter 28 – You Don't Have Any Shame?

[Director Lee, have you heard anything about Jae-hee lately?]

[Jae-hee? Didn't he have a drama?]

Lee Young-chang had seen <All About My First Love>, which aired just before Cannes. It was a short scene, but Yoon Jae-hee was perfect, like the genius he'd discovered.

From what he heard, Yoon Jae-hee was loved by the Director and Writer even when he was filming the drama.

He heard that they were amazed at how such a child could play a perfect child actor, mixing his habits and speech patterns as if he had eaten adult actor Park Shin-woo and that they would cast him in their next project.

[Not that one, the rumors are kind of bad these days.]

[......How?]

[I think he's under a lot of pressure from winning awards, he's just not the same......]

Lee Young-chang kind of expected that, actually. The youngest, the first, the genius that people are obsessed with. With all that attention, of course, there's going to be a shadow.

[I guess it's still a bit too much for me to step forward, right?]

Lee Young-chang thought it was a bit much for someone who wasn't even a parent. He was worried that it would add another rumor to the already strange rumors.

Besides, Lee Young-chang was busy. After <Children>, he wanted to make a better movie, so he was working on his next movie.

Once he finishes working on this movie, when he has more time...... Then he will keep him by his side and protect him from getting hurt, and if Yoon Jae-hee wants, Lee Young-chang wants to be a reliable supporter.

 

[What is Yoon Jae-hee doing these days?]

However, it was said that Yoon Jae-hee had disappeared.

Lee Young-chang didn't believe the rumors, so he decided to look for him himself.

[Let's see, the business card I received at that time is......]

After searching, he found Yoon Jae-hee's house and banged on the door, but he got no answer.

[Hello? Yoon Suheon -ssi!]

[It's Lee Young-chang, let's talk for a minute!]

The door swung open. There was no confident smile like when he introduced his son before.

There was only a man with a bushy, unkempt beard and a frowning, alcoholic odor.

[......Come in.]

[No, this......]

Lee Young-chang found the house in disarray, with liquor bottles rolling around, and divorce papers left on the kitchen table, and then he said cautiously.

[Where is he, Jae-hee?]

[He's not here.]

[What?]

Lee Young-chang waited for him to speak first, and when he did, tears trickled from Yoon Suheon's eyes.

[Director, I ruined everything, because I...... Too greedy.]

He couldn't ignore the frustrated Yoon Suheon. Yoon Jae-hee had already left with a broken heart, but if he were to come back one day, he should have an intact nest to return to.

Of course, he's too big to find a nest now. Lee Young-chang glanced at Yoon Jae-hee eating neatly across from him.

'You've grown up well.'

Lee Young-chang has seen him a few times, but it still feels like new to him. Yoon Jay's eyes were deep, showing how he had grown up.

 

"I'm sure you have a lot of questions for me."

"I do. I've been waiting for you to tell me."

Yoon Jay tilted his head to look at Lee Young-chang, who seemed interested in his story.

From what he'd heard from Park Hyun-ah, Lee Young-chang had done everything he could for his father. Thanks to him, his father met Park Hyun-ah and was able to start a new family.

'Maybe it's because of me.'

Even at the funeral, Lee Young-chang probably had a lot of questions, but he waited until Yoon Jay opened his mouth. Now that we're at this point, Yoon Jay thinks it's fine for him to open up about his true feelings.

"I heard rumors after you disappeared like that, and I wondered if it was my fault."

"You don't have to feel guilty, I'm glad I acted in <Children>."

"So, how have you been living?"

"The rumors are probably half right."

Yoon Jay summarized what he went through during those years in a blunt manner.

His slightly stiff tone loosened slightly. Did he just open up? Lee Young-chang sounded saddened by the situation, which was worse than he thought.

"Actually, the reason I said at the funeral that I had no intention of acting was because of my camera phobia."

"Well, you're better now, then."

"That's thanks to my father."

His biological father's video, who admitted that it was his fault, had an impact, but it was his stepfather's efforts to help his adopted son overcome the phobia that made him who he is today.

He also spoke briefly about his family in the United States.

"They're nice people, I'd like to meet them someday."

"I'll introduce you to them when I get a chance. What did you think of my performance?"

"It was good. I didn't feel like you hadn't acted in over 20 years."

Good...... It was not an answer that satisfied Yoon Jay.

"That's not the best thing a Director can say, is it?"

"That...... That doesn't mean your acting is lacking."

"I know what you mean."

In <The Garden of Evil>, he referenced someone, and in <Fluttering>, he added his own Grand Prince Muhwi, but in retrospect, he was not satisfied.

"I think so, too."

In <Children>, he was a little more...... There was a sense of sparking as the real Park Donghwa, not Yoon Jae-hee or Yoon Jae-hee playing Park Donghwa.

He could feel that in the second half of filming, and he wanted to revive that feeling again.

Maybe Director Lee Young-chang would like to say something like that.

"Then, in the future, acting will be......"

"I'm going to keep going, and I'm also curious to see how far I can reach as Yoon Jay, not Yoon Jae-hee."

"I guess we'll have to keep it a secret."

"I want to be famous, so I can make up for all that time."

He ran away because it was too much to bear, but he wondered what would have happened if he had stayed.

He's sure there will be people who will criticize and pull him down, but if there are enough people who love him, he'll be fine.

It's been a wandering life, but where you go back to the beginning is where you end up.

"That's why...... One day, I want to walk the red carpet with you, Director."

He was young during Yoon Jae-hee's days, and at that time, he just wanted to stay at home with his family. But, if he gets the chance again......

Lee Young-chang's heart skipped a beat under Yoon Jay's steady gaze. He had been in the throes of burnout for a while, but suddenly he seemed to be rejuvenated.

"In that case, I'm......"

I have to create a project just for you.

In fact, after <Children>, Lee Young-chang found his feet and entered several international awards ceremonies. Aside from missing out on awards, it was nothing new to go there again.

But not with the young man in front of him. Not then, but once again, this time, together. Lee Young-chang raises his eyebrows.

"I'd like that, too."

 

[Official] Yoon Jay's agency, Astra "will do its best to protect their actor"

Yoon Jay, overcoming controversy over unreasonable past and 'going on a hot topic'

 

— My actor is really attractiveㅠㅠㅠ

— Please quickly punish that subsidiary company by requesting an official apology.

— He got a bit of a buzz, so I thought it was too much, but it was really worth it.

— I've never seen anything like this in my life, and I'm so glad I did.

— Yoon Jay, I have a crush on you, but you're not old enough to enlist in the military, right?

└ No, he was born in 91

└ He is an American citizen

└ Maybe he's already been there?

└ (relief)

 

Lee Seowon and Astra's Marketing Department did their best to defend it, but once the public opinion got a hold of it, it wouldn't let go.

It was the actor himself who silenced the controversy. Even the investment company that suddenly invested a huge amount of money during <Fluttering>...... Lee Seowon frowned.

'Am I not good enough for Jay -ssi?'

Lee Seowon nervously turned off his cell phone and put it in his pocket.

The car Yoon Jay had seen was indeed Lee Seowon's car. He walked into a bar, a place fairly close to the two of them, and entered the room. The people who saw him were surprised but pleased to see him.

"Is CEO Lee here?"

"Someone who doesn't come to places like this has finally come?"

"Oh my, how have you been, Mr. CEO?"

Lee Seowon smiled broadly and accepted the greetings from people in the same industry.

"I heard you've been training a new talent for a while. It's been a little noisy lately."

"Oh, I didn't do anything. It's just that he's been working hard."

As he said this, he didn't forget to glare at anyone in particular. The recipient of his stare, Oh Seung-han, the CEO of an entertainment agency, quickly averted his gaze.

"I heard you sold your company and made some money."

"Yes, I did."

"Well, I also have a kid I'm supporting these days...... CEO Lee, can you take care of the kid? What kind of project that you watching these days?"

The request was right, but the way he asked it was wrong. He's not letting go of his pride while bragging about being the senior in the industry.

Lee Seowon waved it off gently. Anyway, this person's signature actor will be coming to my company soon.

"Don't be like that. I need your help."

"So, CEO Lee. What genre are you into these days?"

They all ran their own agencies, but the relationship was strange. Even though Lee Seowon has been working in the entertainment industry for less time than them, he has a lot of influence.

"Would you like to smoke a cigarette?"

"CEO Lee doesn't smoke, right? I'll leave for a moment."

"Yes. Bye."

Lee Seowon waved them out quickly. Then, he grabbed someone trying to leave with them.

"Wait a minute, CEO Oh."

Oh Seung-han tensed slightly when he saw Lee Seowon's expression change. He looked like he could kill him with his eyes alone.

"Don't touch my baby."

"What?"

"Do you think I don't know?"

"Huh, CEO Lee. You're rude."

Lee Seowon sneered, his mouth twisting upward.

"CEO Oh, haven't you ever thought about how I, who's neither a Director nor from an investment company, suddenly rose to this position in such a short time?"

"......"

CEO Oh swallowed hard.

He was curious about Lee Seowon's background. The production company that appeared out of nowhere, the money that never seemed to dry up, and the fact that he seemed to know the future and only produce movies that would be successful in the future......

"Aren't you curious about how I found out that you are the one who making that fuss?"

How could he know? It's because we tried to put an actor from our company in the role of Grand Prince Muhwi, who was played by Yoon Jay.

However, there were a lot of companies that wanted their actors to play Grand Prince Muhwi, and it wasn't difficult for actors who wanted to go elsewhere or the other side to use this reverse viral to poison the other side, so he had to filter out several companies and work carefully.

"And aren't you curious about what I know about you and your company, CEO Oh?"

"Well, that's......"

Oh Seung-han was so confident he'd never get caught, but how did Lee Seowon find it?

Besides, if he found it so easily, what would he ask from me or my company...... Oh Seung-han broke out in a cold sweat.

"Isn't it going to be a problem if you keep doing this? Let’s play fair."

"Keu, keuhm."

"Let's compete with the projects and acting. Okay?"

Lee Seowon laughed meanly.

***

"So, Jay -ssi. What do you want to do next?"

"I want to experience different things, and I think that special appearance you mentioned before would be great."

"Uh...... You don't have to do that anymore."

The special appearance was to get his name out there, but Yoon Jay doesn't need it now. Dramas are all about ratings, and he's proven that with his recent ratings and acting.

"That's acting, too."

"Hmm, okay. Then, what about the other things?"

"I'd like to do one more drama."

I was able to get in front of the camera relatively quickly, and you can see the reactions faster than in a movie. I want to train to become a character in a short time.

"I'd also like to do a variety show if I get the chance. I'd like to raise my profile a bit more."

The help of Lee Seowon or a suspicious investment company would be great, but I want to be the one who can lead the ticket power myself.

 

But Lee Seowon interpreted that as something different. He thought, Yoon Jay has been getting beaten up a lot lately, so he's determined to become famous, right?

'I should have insulted the CEO Oh before.'

I'll have to make up for my mistake. Lee Seowon pressed his hand firmly to his temple.

"Okay, I'll come up with a plan. You're leaving today, right? Have a good trip."

"Yes, bye."

After some time passed, Yoon Jay went to the airport for his reward vacation.

But is it common for the CEO to personally visit and pay attention to his actor like this? Yoon Jay was a little suspicious, but it's a good thing.


***

Satisfied with our translations?

Support SeiRei Translations by tipping on Ko-fi or Patreon.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?