Translated: reireiss, MTLs-nim 

Edited: reireiss, Grammarly ssi 

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to keep this translation and the translators alive. 

Don't forget to leave a message that you support this novel by writing the title when tipping. 

Thanks^ ^ 


***

PLEASE!!

DON'T SHARE OR REPOST!!

***

Translator Note:

Just wanted to let you know that sometimes I won't translate calls(?) like 'oppa, hyung, eonni, nuna, etc.' and suffixes like '-ssi, -nim, etc.'

So...... Bear with me, please (/▿\ )

Thank You!

***

Chapter 24 – Fluttering (5)

On the shore of the lake, where Jung Yeonhwa no longer came, Lee Hwi sharpening his sword, recalled the past.

 

"Stay silent as the dead."

"......"

"This seat is not yours."

Those were the words I heard on the day the Crown Prince was born.

I couldn't see the expression of my King Father on the throne. This is because I was bowing my face close to the floor as if I were a servant.

This seemed to indicate my position. To be a pawn, not his flesh and blood.

"You are nothing but a sword for the Crown Prince."

"......"

"Answer me."

"......Yes, Your Majesty."

"Prepare to go to the northern borderlands."

"I accept your order......"

Fearing that I might pose a threat to the Crown Prince, they sent the young me to the battlefield. Every time I achieved on the battlefield, ugly rumors circulated in the capital city. A prince who is crazy about killing. The executioner. He's been playing with gisaeng since he was young

"Hyung -nim."

Sometimes, when I returned to the court, he was always there. From the time he was born, he was appointed as a Crown Prince, wore a blue dragon robe, and moved around the government court as he pleased.

 

[From the moment you put on this outfit......]

The scene of the confrontation between Lee Gun and Lee Hwi comes to my mind. It was like saying that he was never my brother from the beginning.

 

"Hyung -nim!"

"......Why are you doing that?"

I wish I hadn't answered him then.

I couldn't resist a kid who followed me because he liked me, so I sometimes talked to him, which was the cause of my trouble. I don't hate this kid as much as I thought.

"What do you want to do when you become King?"

"I want to make everyone in this country to be happy and live well."

Everyone? Lee Hwi snorted, wondering if such an abstract goal could ever be realized.

"You think it's an easy thing?"

"Still, I'll never know until I try it."

"Indeed."

I guess you and I can't walk the same path.

 

The brief reminiscence over, Lee Hwi smirked as he watched the horde rushing off in the distance.

Jung Yeonhwa, the woman he so desperately wanted, was by that person's side.

"You're too late, I've already killed the one you're looking for."

The witness who would reveal his uncle's corruption had already been found and cut down by Lee Hwi.

"Hyung -nim!"

"Hyung -nim...... I thought I already told you to not call me that."

This person is the only one who still treats him like family. Lee Hwi knows that, but he's already crossed the river of no return.

"Go away. Today is not the day."

In Lee Hwi's mind, he wanted to immediately draw his sword against this man, but he couldn't because of Jung Yeonhwa.

The subtle changes in his facial expressions as he looked back and forth between Lee Gun and Jung Yeonhwa were enough for the viewer to feel his internal conflict.

Lee Hwi thought he was trying to get rid of the most important person first.

"He was the bait."

"Ple-Please kill me!"

As it turns out, he was caught up in the Yangdong Operation. The real witness had been stolen by Jung Yeonhwa, who had pre-regression memories.

T/N: The Yangdong Operation, also commonly called 'Double Action Operation', is an attack from a different direction to the main attack direction to deceive the enemy.

"Haha!"

With such incontrovertible evidence, Inspector Yoo is handcuffed. His greatest ally is immobilized. The plan has gone awry.

From the moment he sees Jung Yeonhwa next to Lee Gun, Lee Hwi is driven out of control and decides to take control of the Palace by force.

It was earlier than before Jung Yeonhwa's regression.

 

"It's not time yet."

"Your Highness, I'm not asking for permission, it's a notice."

Yoo Myeongbin's expression twists for a moment then softens. Lee Hwi turns away, but he sees the change in his mother's expression in the mirror.

He hadn't been trusting anyone in the first place: not his mother, not his uncle, and not Jung Yeonhwa.

"Hwi."

"Don't call me that."

"......"

"I won't be a tool anymore."

I'm not really her blood anyway. I'm just an adopted child that she uses for power.

Lee Hwi began his final rant. He will no longer be his mother's springboard to power, his father's pawn, or a sword to serve Lee Gun as his father said.

"To the Palace."

"Yes!"

Black robes and a long sword hanging on the floor. It was similar to Lee Hwi's appearance in episode 1.

 

"What kind of country does Your Highness dream of in the future?"

"Well......"

In the meantime, Lee Gun regains his pre-regression memories, and Jung Yeonhwa forgives him.

The two quickly grow closer and eventually reconnect.

"I just want everyone to be happy."

Jung Yeonhwa smiles at the sight of Lee Gun, who has gained strength from his pre-regression memories.

 

Taking control of the Palace, Lee Hwi reaches the king's bedchamber.

"It's me. Hwi."

"From time immemorial, a righteous monarch must look out for the people and......"

"Why did you do that to me?"

The King was old and demented, and Lee Hwi laid down his sword before him and sat down.

The flickering candlelight shadows fell on Lee Hwi's face, showing his wavering mind.

"Did you hate me so much?"

"I must weigh the loyalty of my subjects and......"

"Did you ever think of me as your child?"

The King's gaze lingered on Lee Hwi, who was staring into thin air and muttering verses from a book.

Sparks fly in his dazed eyes. For a moment, he regains consciousness.

The King is played by a veteran theater actor. He was played by Yoo Kwang-seok. Yoon Jay's immersion in the story deepened.

"Did you think I didn't know your true nature?"

"......!"

"You were vicious and cruel."

I hate this person. But still, in the end, I want to be acknowledged by him.

The answer, though somewhat expected, comes back hurtful. A crack appears in Lee Hwi's expression.

We cut to a flashback of the King. We see a young Lee Hwi killing small animals for fun, beheading his subordinates for not being useful in the war, and the scene where he creepily looks at him, asking if there is a reason for killing.

"You had to throw me over there because of that?"

"Because of that!"

The King exclaims and stares at Lee Hwi without blinking an eye.

His bloodshot eyes glow frighteningly, but Lee Hwi does not avert his gaze. Instead, he stares right back at the King.

 

Filmed in one take, with no NG, the crew held their breath as they watched.

 

"A true monarch must feel compassion for even the most insignificant of creatures, so that the monarch may have compassion and care for their people......"

"Those da#n people! People!"

Rising to his feet, Lee Hwi paced back and forth in the same spot, as if it were an animal's normal behavior.

Then he shook his head. He's no longer the son who wanted his father's approval, but a stranger who had gone mad.

"It's the people who don't try, who think it's their right to be taken care of. It's the people who fade away when you even pretend to listen to them! It's the people who divide and blame each other when you reward them differently, and that's......!"

Suddenly, he bent down so that his face was close to the King's.

The shadow of the flickering candle was no longer visible. The wind has blown the candle out, leaving only a shadowy glow in the air. The King's face, on the other hand, is radiant. Are they hinting at a future together?

"The people of this country,"

The muscles in his face twitch slightly and his throat clears, and the King squeezes his eyes shut, unwilling to hear such an incongruous claim.

"......It is the monarch. Once he makes up his mind, he doesn't look back."

The King took a deep breath, let it out long and hard, and relaxed. He hadn't lost the argument, he just didn't want to hear it.

"But right now, at this very moment......"

"......"

"You crave affection from me."

It's not encouraging. It's not going to change anything.

You will remain a treacherous prince, and I will be a King murdered by my own son, so I simply ask you to do what you have set your mind to do, without regard to how you have been treated in the past.

Despite the weariness in his voice, Lee Hwi's expression did not change. It meant he would not waver now.

"You are not fit to be a monarch."

"That's for me to decide."

The sword disappeared from the face in front of him, leaving a grizzled old man muttering into the air. Lee Hwi pulled his sword from its scabbard and held it high in the air.

And then the scene changed.

 

"Your Highness!"

"What's going on?"

Lee Gun, who had been enjoying his time with Jung Yeonhwa, is interrupted by his subordinate, who rushes in.

"Gra-Grand Prince......!"

***

Yoo Kwang-seok and Yoon Jay's Sparkling Acting Showdown in 'Fluttering'

'Fluttering', What Will Be The Fate of Yoon Jay, The Grand Prince Who Started Rebellion?

— Stop acting like a fool and showing me more regrets.

— Please refrain from spoiling the original work by commenting.

— The acting is really good as he gradually changes from a son who wants to be recognized to a madman.

— Yoo Kwang-seok was a big actor in the theater version, but Yoon Jay's acting was great too.

— The face-to-face scene with Lee Hwi and the King is crap logic. But, when I look at Lee Hwi's face, something... I just want him to dominate me... Am I a dog and a pig?

T/N: In the raw, the word used is 개돼지 (Gae-dwae-ji). (gae) means dog and 돼지 (dwae-ji) means pig, but when used together, it means lower class and has a negative meaning. It was used as an insult in the Silla period.

└ It's true. That's garbage... That's it...

└ I'm also a dog and a pig

 

Park Seo-ah: 'I'm here for the Fluttering's Farewell Party~' (D's Photo)

[Fluttering's Farewell Party] Yoo Kwang-seok, 'A luxurious fingerheart that felt like the dignity of a King.'

Lee Hwi started the rebellion, and <Fluttering> has finally reached its final broadcast. The production crew, who rented a restaurant for the finale, even created a small red carpet at the entrance.

 

'There is something like this.'

It was all new to him, whether it was the behind-the-scenes publicity using social media or the Farewell Party. As Yoon Jay got out of the car and walked down the designated path, reporters' cameras flashed.

"Jay -ssi, show us your fingerheart!"

He knew how to show the fingerheart on his hand because Yoon Dohwa had taught him, but he still felt awkward because he hadn't done it before.

"Another pose!"

"Flower face pose!"

Is this really in demand? He shamelessly posed and ran into the restaurant.

"Hello."

"Jay -ssi!"

"You're early!"

The staff greeted him in unison as he entered.

"What's all this?"

"It's a gift from the drama fans, they made all those banners."

"Wow......"

(Actors and staff, thank you for your hard work.)

The staff raised their eyebrows at the sight of him staring at the large banner with his mouth open.

At times like this, there is a bit of rookie naivety. Even though you acted so fierce during the shoot.

"Jay -ssi, this is for you."

"Thank you...... Uh, is your hand okay?"

"Yess. Thank you......"

Park Minji, a member of the makeup team, smiled shyly. She still has a red scar, but they say it will go away.

While Yoon Jay was looking at the snacks and cakes prepared by his fans, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He looked down to see three giggling children.

"Hi, Kids."

"Hello, Hyung!"

He is a child actor in the drama who plays the youngest, Lee Yul, who is almost eliminated by Lee Hwi. Other child actors who played the childhood roles of Lee Gun and Lee Hwi were also with him.

I patted them on the back to say hello, and they scampered off to greet another adult.

"They're cute."

"Isn't it? They're also so good at acting."

Yoon Jay suddenly remembered his own experience.

During the filming of <Children>, I was worried that my body would be stiff from acting with cerebral palsy, so I had a professional masseuse to take care of my physical condition,

But after that, in commercials and on set, there was news that I was getting special treatment. Finally, criticism emerged that child actors were so picky.

In hindsight, Lee Young-chang was the only one who took good care of child actors, and the industry average is closer to the latter.

"I heard that child actors are treated badly, but the kids look happy."

"That used to be true, but it's old news now."

"Really?"

"Yes, it's news from the past before there was a 'Yoon Jae-hee Special Act'. Now, if child actors are mistreated, you will be in big trouble"

"......What's that?"

I didn't think my old name would come up...... Yoon Jay's body flinched, but Park Minji didn't notice.

"Do you know the child actor Yoon Jae-hee, who won an award for <Children>?"

"......Yes."

That person was himself.

"He even won the youngest actor award at an International Film Festival, but he disappeared without a chance to raise his name properly. After that, there was talk in the political circle. Director Lee Young-chang and even the KE Group stepped up and took charge of the entertainment industry."

"......I see."

"The most famous people who benefited from that act were Kwon Minjae and Baek Da-eun...... Anyway, all the child actors from that era benefited from that act. They caught fraudulent agencies. It also exposed ignorant parents."

As Park Minji said that, she suddenly looked up at Yoon Jay.

"By the way, Yoon Jae-hee, Yoon Jay. Don't your names sound similar?"

"Haha, I guess so."

He laughed coolly. Still...... I guess I was helpful to someone back then.


***

Satisfied with our translations?

Support SeiRei Translations by tipping on Ko-fi or Patreon.


***


Previous | Table of Contents | Next


***


What do you think about this chapter?