Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 1 | Until Yesterday, Until Tomorrow | Remake our Life!


Part 7

Since the meeting started in the evening, the sky was already dark by the time we went outside. While everyone was yawning as they left, Shinoaki had fallen completely asleep, so I had to give her a piggyback ride home with me.

I carried her on my back for the first time in a while, but she was still surprisingly light. It seemed that no matter how much she had increased in size, there was no change in the volume of her body's contents.

"Shinoaki, she is not waking up at all."

Looking at Shinoaki who was sleeping on my back, Tsurayuki said worriedly.

"I wonder if the production is so difficult ... I'm worried about whether she's sleeping properly."

Nanako is also concerned about Shinoaki.

"She seems to be doing okay in that area. They seem to be managing the workload of Shinoaki to an impressive degree, and they're trying to make sure the workload doesn't exceed too much per day."

The progress management of Kuroda and his team was thorough. They responded to delays in a serious manner, but they also gave instructions to control the type of overworking, like that of Shinoaki, who was working in an excessive manner.

It was a much more artist-centered approach than my own, which was to draw as much as possible if you could. To be honest, I learned a lot from that, and it was frustrating.

(In a way, it was as expected, though.)

The man, Kuroda Takayoshi, seemed to be a man who could change his style at will, depending on the production site and his members.

Unlike the former Kuroda group, where arguments were frequent, nothing like that can be heard from the current Kuroda group. In fact, they are so quiet that it is almost eerie.

In other words, it was proof that he had set up a production system that wouldn't cause any trouble.

For creators like Shinoaki, whose style is already close to that of a professional, there seemed to be such flexibility that he could carve out areas without saying anything unnecessary.

Perhaps that attitude of the first year was a fake. It was such a change of direction that it even made me think that.

"Shinoaki makes amazing things. Normally, people would be shocked if someone told them that a student of their own age was making something like that."

That day, we, the main staff, witnessed the teaser movie released by Kuroda and his friends.

The overwhelming quality and perfection of the previous work, which was said to be far beyond student level, is even better. If I were simply asked to create something better than this, I think I would have run away barefoot.

"We are aware that we are making good things. Even Nanako wrote the best song. But that's why I feel like I've been shown how great that perfection is."

Everything Tsurayuki said made me nod my head in agreement.

The things we make are definitely beyond the level of what students would make for fun. Even if it's not a PV made by a company, it should completely surpass the amateur level.

But.

What Shinoaki and Kuroda were creating had already reached a different level of quality. Everyone on the team understood this. It was obvious when words of mere respect, not frustration or anything like that, were spoken.

"And we're going to win, aren't we, Kyoya?" 


"Yeah. We'll win."

I said it with confidence.

If I can't say that here, then I should quit as a producer.

"Haha, you're pretty amazing too. Even with that amazingness shown right in front of you, Kyoya's stance doesn't change. You're quite a monster."

Tsurayuki paused and said, "But".

"Well, I don't think there are any monsters like this girl right now."

The girl we usually see is a fluffy person who lies around in the living room, lies on the balcony, and always puts the wrong amount of water in her ramen.

But she was now a monster.

She had grown into a monster, continuing to create more enthusiastically than anyone else.

"Unyuu...Hmm..."

Shinoaki is still sleeping soundly. Tsurayuki said admiringly,

"Shinoaki is amazing. No matter what the environment or situation, she's always looking straight ahead without giving up on what she wants to do. She's stronger and clearer than any of us."

"Yes, really."

I wonder where such fiery passion and determination are hidden in her small body.

"But, I think even Shinoaki sometimes pushes herself too hard. We don't know that."

Nanako said with concern as she lightly touched Shinoaki's cheek.

"That's true. But Shinoaki's strong point is that she doesn't let it show. If it were me or Nanako, I would have said something weak long ago."

"I-I wasn't like that...... No, I did. Complaints."

Nanako denied it as soon as she said it, but Tsurayuki smiled wryly,

"I'd say that applies to me, too. I'm even worse than Nanako, considering that I ran back home in a pitiful state."

"Tsurayuki, that's."

"Don't worry, I've already blown it. But how can I have this kind of strength is something I've been wondering ever since I got back here."

The way Tsurayuki looked at Shinoaki was becoming an object of respect. I was surprised by the change, but I also understood it.

The sky was clear and the stars were shining on our way home. Come to think of it, I think the sky was like this on that spring day when I carried Shinoaki on my back.

What can I do?

What can I do for them?

Many things have happened since then. I have done many things. I don't know how that can lead to the future, but I would like to think that we are moving forward.

That there was meaning in the "future" that had passed.

That there has been a change in the "past" that will come.

"Hey, Kyoya."

Tsurayuki suddenly opens his mouth.

"Have you ever wondered what we are making things for?"

I was surprised.

I felt as if he could see right through what I was thinking.

"What's with you~, Tsurayuki~? You're talking about difficult things like a writer."

Nanako giggles.

Tsurayuki looked at Nanako seriously and said,

"What about you, Nanako?"

"Eh?"

"Can you explain clearly the meaning of and reasons for why you are singing?"

Nanako was clearly confused by the sudden question.

"I-I don’t know about that. I just realized that I love singing, and when I wasn't good at it, I felt complex about it, but now I don't, so I'm just doing it to the best of my ability, for my own sake...That's all I can say."

Tsurayuki nodded.

"Yeah, I'm the same way. I've always loved writing, and I keep writing, and I end up thinking that this is all I have, so I just write. It's not for anyone, in the end, it's for myself."

Nanako pursed her lips a little dissatisfied,

"W-What, even Tsurayuki isn't quite sure about your reasons"

"It's set."

"Eh...?"

Not only Nanako but also I turned my head towards Tsurayuki.

"If you think this is the only choice, then you have to live with it. In other words, I'm going to make a living with this."

"That means..."

When I said the words, Tsurayuki smiled.

"Yeah, I'm thinking of becoming a professional."

My heart pounded loudly.

Tsurayuki had been talking about pursuing a career as a writer for some time. Therefore, I knew that becoming a professional writer was a possible goal.

But here, clearly, it came out of his mouth.

From the mouth of Kawagoe Kyoichi, no, Kawagoe Kyoichi.

"What about you guys?"

Tsurayuki asked us in a quiet tone.

I felt that there was a sense of confidence and an unwavering will, perhaps characteristic of people who have already made up their minds.

"I, am not sure"

Nanako seemed unsure of what to decide.

"I love singing, but I don't know where to go from there yet. Right now, singing is the best thing I've ever done, and sometimes I think if I could live off of it, but I have no idea how that's going to turn into a job or anything like that..."

Certainly, it seemed like a difficult decision to make now. After all, we are still students, and it's not like we're close to graduating.

However, there are a small number of seniors who decided on their future selves during this period and left the university. Regardless of whether we end up like that or not, I don't think it's too early to start thinking about the future.

Tsurayuki nodded and said,

"Kyoya, what about you?"

This time, he turned to me and asked.

"I—"

That was a difficult question.

I already have a goal for the future and what I want to do. Together with everyone here, I want to create one big project.

But it is also very abstract, though it seems to be concrete. In particular, I have not yet figured out how I will be involved in the work and what I will have to do to get there.

Because I'm a creator, but I'm not a creator.

That's because I am in the position of producer.

"I don't know yet. Right now, all I can think about is making sure that the work with everyone is well done."

Tsurayuki smiled bitterly,

"You're so serious, Kyoya. Well, that's what's great about you."

Fuuh, Tsurayuki sighs as if purifying what has accumulated.

"Well, you know. Now that I've come of age, I thought it would be nice to think about something like this. That's why I asked."

"Ahaha, maybe so."

I answered while laughing.

"The future, huh? I wonder what will happen to us."

Nanako murmured as her eyes looked up at the sky.

I felt a bit of loneliness and sadness at that, and fell silent.

(It's okay, I'm fine with this. In order to invite these girls into the professional world, I just need to create a solid foundation and opportunity for them to do so......)

Because the future I dreamed of must be waiting for me ahead.

"Which reminds me"

Tsurayuki suddenly opened his mouth.

"I wonder if Shinoaki has it. Or maybe she's looking for it without it, just like we are."

"I wonder ...... I don't know."

All I can say is that she is already moving further and further ahead. Before she is ready to become a professional, she is naturally approaching that realm.

Right now, all I can do is worry about her catching a cold as she sleeps on my back.


--- seireitranslations.blogspot.com ---


Nanako is unsure, Tsurayuki finds his way, and Shinoaki moves forward into the future.

We met last spring, and although we looked the same, we were slowly starting to walk down slightly different paths.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next