Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 2 | This is What Reality Looks Like | Remake our Life!


Part 12

After lunch, without doing anything in particular, we headed for the Odakyu station.

"It was a coincidence. I can't believe we were almost at the same station."

"I'd heard we were on the same route, but I had no idea."

I was in Komae and she was in Noborito. In terms of stations, we were only about two stations apart.

"Thank you for today, it was fun."

She said as she walked down the road to the station.

"Me too. It was a nice change of pace."

As far as I could see, she seemed to be saying it sincerely, not socially.

Kawasegawa is a much higher class of creators, far, far away.

It was truly unexpected that she was so close to me.

(We work for the same company...)

Unlike in the past, when I gave up on many things, now I feel as if I am allowed to think about what might be.

Today was a day when I had such hope.

(I have to do my best)

As I walked away, I looked at my hands and made a tight fist.

"Ah, it's out already"

I heard her voice and I raised my head.

"Ah……"

Poof, the sight that met my eyes instantly stopped my steps.

"That's amazing..."

There is large advertising space on the road leading from JR to Odakyu.

There, the illustrations announcing "our" big titles were spread all over the wall.

(I guess it's a new drawing. I've never seen this illustration before)

One girl is staring off into the distance.

It was a refreshing illustration of this from a side view.

The composition is lean and the colors are gorgeous.

I, of course, know the artist.

―― Akishima Shino.

The artist, who was supposed to be the same age as me, invited me to this world and continues to fascinate me with her work.

When my former company disappeared, I watched that press conference in despair.

I thought she was behind a screen, far, far out of my reach,

"Now we're working for the same company..."

Kawasegawa previously told me that she comes to the office once a week for a meeting.

Of course, we never saw each other, but I was happy that we seemed to be closer somehow.


For a while, I was absorbed in the illustrations.

"This is amazing. I couldn't help but notice it."

When I point to the ads,

"Yes, I think we did a good job."

As expected of the people involved in the production, she responded in a calm tone.

"Y-Yeah……"

I was a little embarrassed, and that was the end of the conversation.

(Well, for me I admire it, but for her...)

It was exactly the reality of what she was involved in as a business.

After today, I thought we were getting closer, but we weren't. There is an immense distance between the two of us and the work we are doing.

The dreamy day ended with a final show of reality at the end of the day.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next