Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1 | I've Been Plotting | Remake our Life!


Part 8

"I have an unfortunate announcement to make to all of you. Our Art Research Club is in a crisis."

At the deepest part of the club room of the art study research, Kiryu-san opened his mouth in a pose that looked like something out of an anime with that humanoid battle weapon.

"The reason for the crisis is!"

Hiyama-san, who was standing beside him, slapped him on the back of the head.

"Buh!"

While she looked down with cold eyes at energetic Kiryuu-san, who plopped down on the desk,

"Needless to say, the reason for this is that this low ability manager's plan to welcome new members to the club has failed to produce any results this year, so there are no new members for this year."

All the members of the club, except for Kiryuu-san, nodded their heads in agreement with Hiyama-san's words.

Not only the Art Research Club, but all university clubs recruit new members during the new student welcome season in April. The light music club will teach you how to play the guitar, the film club will give you a ticket to a movie screening, and other clubs will tell you about their unique charms and try to recruit you with bait.

In this respect, our Art Research Club was at a great disadvantage, or rather, it was rare to find a circle with so little to sell. In spite of the fact that we claimed to be an art circle, there was no one who could talk or teach about art. Hiyama-san is relatively near to me in the Department of Crafts, but her major is ceramics.

On top of that, there was Kiryuu-san's counterproductive recruitment campaign. In all honesty, only the most softhearted of people would fall for that.

Still, it seems that every year one or two people who liked stuff came in somehow. But this year, that miracle didn't happen, and as expected, today's agenda was to do something about it without relying on miracles.

"Rather, it's about time we had at least one person from the art department who deserves the name Art Research Club."

Hiyama-san said, a faraway look in her eyes,

"I thought I was going to learn about art in this circle, but when I joined, some idiot from the photography department asked me 'do you how to make a shitty collage?' is all he said, it wasn't supposed to be like this......" (Note: Internet slang, usually in the form of a absurd photoshop)

"The reason we don't have a senpai is because you don't have the right qualities-bufuo!"

It was King of shitty collage who had paper mache shoved in his mouth and was having a squirming moment. Or rather, he was talking about such a topic to a female club member who just joined!

"But indeed, I'd like to have a member of the art department..."

If that happens, the circle will be able to hold a proper art exhibition and it will be easier to apply for the annual budget. Sadly, the current situation is that we are ridiculed as an art study research that cannot hold a proper art exhibition.

Besides, if I had a connection with the art department, I would be able to get in touch with Saikawa Minori. I am sorry to say that this is a very personal reason, but I would really like to have her.

However, it is rare for students from the art department to join the Art Research Club.

"They have to draw pictures to death in class, and no way they want to join a circle to draw."

Kakihara-san, who came here because he wanted to study art while dancing in theater arts.

"If there's a senior student in the department or something, we would come for the purpose of getting information about the class..."

Sugimoto-san, who usually only does things out loud, chose to come here to do art that he could do in silence.

All of them joined the club because they wanted to do something different from the classroom.

That may be true, or rather, it is true, but there are a certain number of students in the Department of Film Arts who belong to the Film Study Group, so it shouldn't be so thrown away...... that's I wanted to think.

Anyway, the reality was harsh for us.

At this point, everyone thought it would be fine if something in human form joined here. Just like the other day, I heard a noise at the entrance and panicked, "There's a new member!" However, I didn't want to end up with the sad story that it was a stray dog living in Daigeidai.

As I was recalling these sad memories, I heard a clatter at the entrance.

"Geez, another dog? Throw a Frisbee somewhere..."

Kiryu-san was about to say something when, from the other side of the room,

"Uhm"

Unbelievably, a girl's voice could be heard.

"Excuse me, is there Hashiba-san from the Art Research Club?"

I think it was almost the same time I turned and looked at the door.

"Ah……!"

With surprise, I froze when I saw her.

I wondered if people were so helpless when the person they had been gossiping about or thinking about right up until the moment appeared in front of them.

I was sure I had thought a lot about how I would react if I bumped into someone on campus, or how I would apologize for my rudeness the other day, but when the time came, I couldn't do anything clever at all.

Saikawa Minori. The person in question also looked at me and remained silent.

Anyway, I have to talk to her somehow.

Before trying to explain the other day's misunderstanding or whatever it was, I had to take a look at her thin, white arms.

"Kya!"

There were two figures, holding her tightly.

The president and vice president of the art circle. The two, who had been at odds with each other earlier in a combination of irresponsibility and abuse, now faced the target in front of them with a common goal.

And,

"U-Uhm..."

In front of the new students, who looked scared and confused, the two of them had devilish smiles all over their faces, and right after that, they bombarded the new students with words at full speed.

""Well~, it's nice to meet you, and I'm glad you're coming! Hey, if you speak first, she'll get nervous so I'm sorry! Hey, Hiyama-chan, let me talk first! You know, you're really cute, but if your glasses were a little thinner, you'd be perfect. Next time you come with me, we'll go to-gabogh, I am really sorry! Just ignore what this idiot has to say! So which Department are you in? I'm from craft, I'm from photograph, I'm not asking you! Anyway, we're going to have a newcomer's party today, so come have a drink with us, ah, I'm not going to force alcohol on you or anything, but rather you are my alcohol, hey, you really should die, okay! And I still haven't gotten your name, have I??""

"Ah, aah, uwaaaa... !!"

Unfortunately, Saikawa Minori is forced into a situation where there is no cooling-off period, as she is subjected to intense solicitation at close range by two very determined seniors.

In this way, the contact with Saikawa Minori, which I had expected to be very difficult, was resolved in a very uneventful manner due to a twist of fate.

For her, it's not solved but rather suffered...

***

You can read the latest chapter early on Patreon.

Previous | Table of Contents | Next