12. Meeting Place



Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna
Source: Syosetu


 It was the first Saturday since I started my second year of high school.

 Touka wasn't just talking on the spur of the moment, she was really planning to spend the holiday with me.
 I quietly exchanged messages and meet up in front of the station.

 So, in front of the station.
 When I arrived before the meeting time, Touka was already there.

 She was not wearing her school uniform, which gave her a fresh look.
 Even so, she stands out well.
 Even though she was far away, I recognized her immediately.

"Why don't you come to hang out with us?"

"It's absolutely~ fun"

 ... It seemed she was being tangled up with three guys who looked rather bad.

 Touka's appearance is outstanding, so it's no wonder that such people come to her.

"Well, I'm waiting for my boyfriend--. It's impossible, isn't it?"

 And she is trying to play it off peacefully with a fake smile on her face.

"Boyfriend? Well, I don't know what he's like, but I'm sure you’ll have more fun with us."

"Yes, yes. If you say no, it'll hurt us too, you know?"

 The people around her seem to be very persistent.
 Even if she refuses, they are still calling out to Touka.

 The passersby pretended not to see her and walked past her.
 I started to feel sorry for Touka, who was surrounded by men, so I hurried over to her and called out to her.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting"

 When Touka found me, she instantly smiled and ran over to me.

"Do you guys know my partner?"

 I ask the three rude guys.

 They see my face and take a step back.
 ......You guys are bad-looking enough. I was a little depressed.

"Sorry, I can't play with you guys because my boyfriend will be mad at me."

 Touka said in a rather joking tone, but her thin arms, entwined with mine, were trembling a little.

"That's why. Sorry."

 I wanted to get the hell out of there,

"Hey, wait, hey!"

 I was stopped from behind.

"……What?"

"You think you can scare me by making me listen to you?"

"I know you want to look cool in front of your girl, but it's three against one. You really want to get out of here as soon as possible, don't you?"

"Let me take your time now. It will stand out here, right?"

 ...... These guys are pretty template delinquents, aren't they?
 What are they thinking, they surrounded us and led us to an unpopular place.

 As we were moving, Touka looked at my profile anxiously and put more strength into her hand on my arm.

 Then we arrived at a back alley where there was less popular.

"Se, senpai..."

 Touka muttering anxiously,

"Oh, it's okay"

 I respond.

"... Huh? What's okay?"

"Are you trying to be cool in front of your girl?"

"Hehe, you're a stupid guy ...!"

 The three people surrounding me were smiling at me with a generous smile on their faces.

"Well, now you can kiss the ground!"

 Then one of the guys came at me with a punch.

 I glanced at Touka behind me.
 I have to be careful not to show her too much of a shocking scene.

 I effortlessly grabbed the man's punch as he swung his fist towards me.

"Wha-?"

 He pushed the arm back with all his might, and the man lost his balance and collided with the other man behind him, causing them both to fall on their asses in a heap.

 Looking down at the two writhing on the ground, I tell them.

"I don't like the rough stuff, so why don't we just end this?"

 If a well-meaning third party overhears the commotion and calls the police, it could be troublesome.

"Do, don't be stupid now!"

 It's too late for that, but you're the one who came at me with or without a fight.

 I swallowed my words as a large man came towards me.
 This guy is probably the boss.
 He looks much more capable than the two men collapsing on the ground.

 But ... his movement is too monotonous.
 I bit back a yawn and decided to use his's strength against him and quickly put him down.

"Wha... Shit! Let me go!"

 The man struggling against my restraints screams in pain.
 ......He sure has the guts that he can still talk big.
 It seems that he can't tell the difference in ability after being hit by this much.

"If you retreat now, I will let you go. But if you do any more... I won't hold back. Are you prepared?"

 I told the man who was raging, with a hint of fear.
 The man instantly quieted down.
 He nods his head several times, and then,

"I'm sorry, I'll never touch your girl again, I swear."

 He said.
 ... She is not my woman, by the way.

"Thank you for being so understanding"

 Then, I let the man go.
 Then he hurriedly got up, stood up his two crouching friends, and walked away without uttering a single word of abandonment.

 Well, thank God they were smarter than I thought.
 It would have been a shock to Touka to do more than that.

"... Whoa, senpai. It wasn't just about your looks, you were a real yankee."

 Touka said after making sure that the men who had left were gone.

"I never thought of myself as a yankee. I just ended the fight that was sold."

"That's peaceful? Whoa, you're really not even aware of what you're doing..."

"You are..."

 Even like this, I am your benefactor who helped you from the thugs.
 I thought that she could have at least said a few words of appreciation, but I stopped when I noticed that her hands were still shaking.

 Noticing my gaze, Touka gently grasped her skirt with a trembling hand.
 Still, the trembling did not stop.

"... That was scary, you know? I'm not a strong man like you, I'm a weak girl! I'm sorry that I'm so cute and attractive that guys forget themselves and pick me up! Are you satisfied, senpai!? "

 The act's strong lines made me realize that I wasn't careful yet.

"You were scared of me, too, right? ... I'm sorry about it."

 At my words, Touka gave me a huffy look and then said.

"I-I'm sure it was scary, But it's always the case that senpai is scary, so I don't mind it?"

 I'm sure she was just being considerate, and I appreciated it,

"I see, thank you "

 I say a word.

"... I'm really embarrassed to say this, but if you say it so honestly, I'll be in trouble so thank you very much."

 Touka continues.

"I guess you could say that. I think I've changed my mind a little about you."

 With a bright expression, Touka said so.

"... By the way, how did you review me?"

"I used to think he was a good-natured guy like a yankee. But now I think he's a dangerous guy when he gets mad."

 ‘Oh, scary!’ She said as she held her own body in my arms.

"I'm pretty sure you didn't review that."

"Ah ♡ Am I being found out?"

 She was surprised me that she’s back as usual.

 I looked at her and saw that her hands had already stopped shaking.
 Her cheeks relaxed a little when I saw that.

 Touka must have noticed the change in my expression.
 She looked uncomfortable and embarrassed. Her cheeks turned slightly red.

"... We stumbled a lot at the meeting place, but now it's our first date. Let's have as much fun as we can."

 Touka silently nodded her head in agreement with my words, her cheeks dyed red.