Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi or Patreon to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you~

Chapter 2 | Since When, and Until Then | Remake our Life!


Part 11

After leaving the Kaiyukan, Shinoaki and I decided to walk to the shopping mall right next to it. I didn't have to buy anything in particular, so it was fun to leisurely browse around the shops.

"It's been a while since I've had such a relaxing day~"

Shinoaki is sitting on a bench and dangling his legs. He seemed to be completely relaxed and was smiling warmly at me.

"Because you've been drawing for a long time. Thank you for your hard work."

"I'm tired~. But I had fun so it wasn't too hard."

I bet it really is.

After hearing what she said earlier, I can honestly believe that.

"Thank you, Kyoya-kun."

Shinoaki suddenly thanked me.

"What's wrong, suddenly?"

"I mean, you brought me here when you were extremely busy and didn't say anything about it, right? So I thought I should at least say thank you."

"I wanted to come too, so I don't mind."

When I said that, Shinoaki chuckled.

"I've been making you worry all the time, Kyoya-kun."

"That's not true."

It's actually a lie. I have always been concerned about Shinoaki.

Even though it was supposed to be so, I was strongly moved and almost burst into tears when I heard her "confession".

(I have to be prepared)

It means shouldering life on your back. To drag them onto the stage means to shoulder all these things as well.

I guess I came back because I was prepared for that.

(I'm prepared.)

Yes, a scoundrel who would go so far as to hand over command to a rival has to be much, much stronger. Strong enough to swallow the monster's sorrows.

"Ah, that's right, I remember."

Suddenly, Shinoaki spoke u.

"I just remembered when we were talking about the past."

"Yes, what?"

Shinoaki is looking at me with an excited look on her face.

"What do you want to do from now on, Kyoya-kun? I was wondering if you would tell me soon."

What do I want to do from now on, huh?

What is the best for the future is already decided. I want to make that dream game with the three strongest people I think. I hope so.

But right now, I don't think I can blabber about it until I am more prepared to do so. I don't think I am qualified to say that yet.

So,

"Sorry, maybe a little later, to say it."

I still held off.

"I see. I'll be looking forward to it until then~"

Shinoaki also nodded, and that was the end of the topic.

Why am I making things?

I've manipulated people, played cunning tricks on them, and yet I'm still trying to get through with my own ego. Even though I know it, I feel like throwing up with self-loathing.

It was also something I wanted to ask Kuroda. I am sure that he has a strong belief in what he is doing and saying. He is strong because there is no hesitation in his actions.

Maybe the reason I am not strong is because I don't have a deep root of belief.

"Shinoaki"

"Hmm? What?"

"It's time to go home."

Shinoaki showed a gentle and compassionate smile, the same as when we first met.

"I guess so. Shall we go home."

She said, suddenly standing up.

I was once again grateful to this small body as it walked lightly toward me.

(Thank you, Shinoaki)

There has always been a firm root deep within that body. It is my mission to cherish it and let it blossom.

I clenched my fist tightly and muttered in a voice that was barely audible.

"From now on, best regards, Shinoaki."


——— seireitranslations.blogspot.com ———


Part 12

After getting on the Kintetsu train and getting off at Kishi Station, I decided to take a short detour.

"I have the materials I want, so please go home first."

"Yes, I understand. I'll ask everyone what they'd like for dinner~."

As usual, Shinoaki waved her hand and got on the bus back to the share house.

I entered a bookstore in front of the station. It was a little less specialized than the bookstore on campus, but I still liked the selection of maniac books, and I made sure to stop by on my way home from out of town.

I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I just think that a bookstore, a place filled with all kinds of information, is a good place to think about something. I thought that now was exactly the time to think and organize.

I was looking at the covers of the books lined up in a corner specializing in video books. When I think of how many books there are in each field and how many professionals there are, I realize that I must be just at the beginning of my career.

(I have to beat him and move on.)

Looking back, Kuroda was an interesting person. All the people I had met so far in the same period of my life were people who wanted to enhance and compete with each other, even if there were some differences in their ideas.

But he was different. I could respect his style of pursuing himself as a producer, but I felt that we could not be in a position to enhance each other's work together.

By defeating him, we both gain experience and gain points for moving on.

I don't know, but I couldn't help feeling that he saw me that way too.

*

After leaving school and arriving at the station, I hesitated to just get on the train and went into a bookstore.

It didn't have that good a selection of specialty books, but it often had pinpoint items I wanted, so I used the store from time to time.

I had nothing special to do today. However, I wanted to organize my thoughts, so I decided to start browsing through the magazine section, looking at books related to video images.

(Hashiba Kyoya, huh)

I had not originally come here to play friend games, so I had never looked at my classmates as if we didn't get along. However, there was one person I was sure I would not get along with. That was Hashiba.

His production methods were different from mine, but even so, he continued to produce results, and I thought he was clearly someone I needed to defeat. He was my ideal virtual opponent.

Defeating that thing would give me as much experience as defeating the middle boss and give me priority in advancing to the next stage, which is why I even suggested a gamble I wouldn't normally take.

I don't know about him, but I'm sure he's thinking something similar.

*

I found an interesting book, so I took it off the shelf and looked through it.

We don't have to pursue the technical stuff that much. Knowing it as knowledge is fine, but still having a real-world level of technology will allow you to be a substitute if something goes wrong.

Perhaps, even for Kuroda, he is properly stocking such things.

If you are in charge of a team, you have to make sure that your team is clearly told what to do by means of theory and data. Otherwise, the words will not be persuasive.

Even I try to put in information with this in mind, so I was confident that he and others would definitely do the same.

(Yes, like a good look at the books on these shelves.......)

As I was following the entries with my eyes, I noticed a shadow out of the corner of my eye. I looked in that direction to see if I knew anyone.

Our eyes met.

It was Kuroda.

We didn't say anything to each other in particular. There was no smiling or glaring, just a silent, mutual confirmation of each other's presence.

I had been thinking about him until just now. So I was thinking that meeting here was inevitable in a way, or something like that.

"Yo."

"Yeah."

We exchanged brief greetings, and I decided to give him the front of this shelf.

I was about to go to the cash register with a book on editing techniques in my hand, which I had been looking through earlier. As I passed him, he spoke to me.

"We're going to win."

I looked back lightly, a little surprised. So he can say something like that, I thought.

"No, it's us."

I also said something I wouldn't normally say and left.

I didn't know if that was what he was looking for, and I didn't check behind, but it still somehow seemed to me that Kuroda was smiling.

The release date was quickly approaching.


Previous | Table of Contents | Next