Translated: Sei, MTL-sensei-tachi
Edited: Sei, Grammarly no Danna

Support us on Ko-Fi to make this translation and the translators keep alive. Thank you

Chapter 1 | I've Been Plotting | Remake our Life!

Part 6

"Upload a video to the Internet"

"We are?"

"We are"

"And make it"

"Yeah, to put it simply, like that."

To the four members of Team Kitayama Kai, I gave a briefing on the day's events.

As I was leaving to go home, I also called out to Kawasegawa and Hikawa. It just so happened that neither of them had any plans, so we all decided to have dinner and a meeting over a cold shabu salad... but.

"I watch Nico Nico sometimes, are we going to make something like that Onmyoji ~? And we dance?"

"We won't make that, and we don't dance"

"MAD! I know a lot about bishojo games MAD!" (Note: An anime music video (AMV), known in wasei-eigo as MAD (music anime douga), is a fan-made music video consisting of clips from one or more Japanese animated shows or movies set to an audio track, often songs or promotional trailer audio.)

"We don't make those either! It's basically original, original"

As expected, Shinoaki and Hikawa still didn't seem to get the idea.

"Don't tell me, we are going to record me singing and upload it... it's not that, right"

Nanako asked with a sense of fear.

"That is indeed not true."

"When it comes to Nanako's promotional videos, right"

"No, it's not like that... Well, but it's not in the regulations, just in case"

Sensei didn't say any restrictions on the genre, like live action was not allowed or that it had to be a movie.

"Eeh! N-No, I don't want! I won't come out, definitely!"

She stopped eating the meat in front of her mouth and shook her head.

"I'm talking about, for example! In the first place, we haven't even decided what we're going to make yet."

Yes, we had to talk about it first.

If we think of this assignment as being prepared for Shinoaki, the content should naturally be something that will be illustrated. If so, there would be no live-action lines. Well, as long as Nanako, the only one on the team who could possibly perform as an actor, absolutely refused to do so, there was no need to force her to make something like that.

If that's the case, we'll have to limit ourselves to illustrations, with songs and music written by Nanako. Considering the time period of 2007, it was,

(It's the Vocaloid video... I guess)

It has been less than a year since Nico-dou started its full-scale service. And at that time, Vocaloids were taking the Internet by storm, partly due to their rarity.

Vocaloid videos have also produced many illustrators who draw their image characters, and in the mid-2000s, I would say they were the twin peaks of Touhou.

So, I'd like to motivate Shinoaki here if possible.

"Hmm, I don't quite get it~"

Shinoaki chewed crispy mizuna and looked puzzled.

(I guess I need something to inspire her as a artist...)

Not knowing what it was, I dipped the meat into the sesame sauce with a sullen look on my face.

"Hashiba"

Just as I was about to move the meat from the sesame sauce to my mouth, Kawasegawa called out to me.

"Uhm, Kawasegawa"

"What"

"I'd like to answer, but, um, can I prioritize the sesame sauce and the meat..... do you mind?"

Kawasegawa sighed in disappointment,

"Do as you like. I'll live my life as a woman who lost to sesame sauce and meat."

When someone said that, I would have a hard time dealing with it, but I decided to think that it was probably a gag from Kawasegawa's point of view.

"So what's wrong?"

I do as I'm told, swallowing properly before responding.

"Does Hashiba have an idea of what we have to do?"

Kawasegawa looked straight at me.

When she gives me this kind of look, I get a little nervous because it reminds me of the future.

"Ah... yeah, in a manner of speaking"

"That's not the way to say it. I'm sure you're thinking of something else, at most."

Don't lie to this kind of place in front of this girl.

"Kawasegawa, again"

"A talk? Okay. I also had a few questions I wanted to ask."

"Yeah, well, I'll see you in the ride home."

Something she want to ask? I wonder what it is. Will she ask me about the project I want to do?

"Eiko, what are you going to ask Kyouya? Somehow, I'm curious ~"

Nanako asks Kawasegawa with a grin. Well, she has been calling Kawasegawa by her first name for some time now. It's good to see that they've gotten along well.

"It's not a big deal."

"Eh, somehow, I'm curious ~ Tell me, hey"

Kawasegawa quietly placed her plate on the desk,

"I'm pretty sure it's not like what Nanako's delusions all this time because you can't bring yourself to say it."

"D-Delusions, you said! It's like I'm thinking weird things all the time!"

Nanako's face turns bright red as usual after just a little poke. Seeing this, Shinoaki and Hikawa, who don't know much about the situation, are laughing.

It was hard for me to respond, so I decided to keep quiet and let it pass for the time being...


***

You can read the latest chapter early on Patreon.

Previous | Table of Contents | Next